Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Christ man, it's late on Sunday evening - I've sat the computer working all day, I saw "Campbell completes move to Newcastle United" and nearly shit meself :lol:

Left back - Enrique, Kadar.

Centre back - Campbell, Colo, Williamson, Taylor.

Right back - Perch, Simpson.

Doesn't look to bad to me for a team coming up.

0 pace at CB.

Just get Carroll to run towards Taylor.  Should spark a bit of movement into the backline.  Or put Nolan into CB and open a McDonalds in the Gallowgate.

Even if Sol was to sign for us, he'll be in the team on merit. If he doesn't play well enough, we have ample cover anyway.

I'm not bothered if he signs or not, I personally think our defence is capable enough to survive in the premier league.

If he does sign, I secretly hope he'll have a killer final season for us, managing to do his bit to keep us up!

Lots of If's and Buts of course, we've all heard the sol rumour before (for about 5 years now)

If there is any truth in this, I wonder what effect him being given the captaincy would have on morale within the squad. Hughton makes a big deal of it, as well as the idea that many of the existing players have come together and want to prove their abilities now we're back in the Premier League. Wouldn't this kind of piss on the unity?

Is this true?  I thought it could be happening when i saw Hughtons interview on SSN yesterday before the Carlisle game,  he normally justs bats away transfer speculation,  but had a giggle and daft smirk/smile which seemed a bit of a giveaway.

He'd be a brilliant signing for you, i hope you sign him, i want to say i told you so.

Compared to the average centre back how quick would you say he was? He really hasn't looked as slow to me as some people seem to think but maybe he has been made to look quick by incredibly slow opposition.

He'd be a brilliant signing for you, i hope you sign him, i want to say i told you so.

Compared to the average centre back how quick would you say he was? He really hasn't looked as slow to me as some people seem to think but maybe he has been made to look quick by incredibly slow opposition.

looked reasonably pacey to me when i saw him last season hardly the quickest ever but not geremi slow as has been implied by some

Worth remembering what he said to Celtic if he joined them & when he would arrive

"I'm getting married on 17 July," Campbell told the Scottish Sun, "but Neil's told me he's quite flexible, that if I need 10 days-two weeks honeymoon then he'll be fine with that. That really makes me happy because if I'm not happy, and my family's not happy, then you're not going to play your best football are you?

He would only have missed two of the 5 friendly games but missed a large bulk of other pre-season training.

Any different to when Keegan brought in Kilcline as club captain? Don't think it would have any difference on team morale whatsoever, can only help the younger players, and will only be a first-teamer (if at all) for a short period of time before being replaced.

looked reasonably pacey to me when i saw him last season hardly the quickest ever but not geremi slow as has been implied by some

Yeah, I can remember watching him in a game against Spurs last season. It was one of those situations where he had to turn and make up ground after a ball had been played past him. He got to the ball after just a few strides and cleared it.

I'd trust him in that situation far more than Colo, and probably more than Taylor and Williamson.

If I have a worry, it's about his mental state. He seems to have lost his direction a bit. Hopefully, we can provide it.

He's not slow at all, quicker than the average defender i'd say, one point Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and him were in a race to the ball and it looks like a couple of pensioners running for the steradent, that's the only point i questioned him but he's been quality , as i say, i want him stay not for sentiment but because he offers a lot.

Why would a professional footballer who is looking for a club get married when clubs have started pre season training when he's had since May to get hitched????

Pipe dream of a World Cup call up?