Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Dependant on the wages he is asking for, I'd have him here in a flash. If Taylor and Colo are both out through injury, our only options are to play Simpson and Zurab (Who will be gone don't forget in January) so Simpson and Kadar. He could also have a tremendous effect on the youngsters, Kadar, Tozer, even Steven Taylor.

Step backwards at this point unfortunately. He isn't good enough to start and would probably hurt team morale with his attitude problems.

Better than Coloc....ah fuck it... :pow:

Would be a good signing, especially considering how shit we are when Taylor and Colo are out.

Exactly, he's a risk, but anyone who'd have Zurab and Simpson at CB ahead of one of the most experienced players in the world is mental imo.

Exactly what I said in the other thread about it.

I'd have him.

Help the young lads out that are having a few problems with the absence of Collo and Taylor

Solid and reasonably dependable.

He wasn't first choice for England for nothing.

He simply doesn't represent value for money.

The Portsmouth fans said the same, and he changed their opinions in the best way possible.

He wasn't first choice for England for nothing.

Neither was Michael Owen, but that was the past.

I'd have him as well though, at the right price.

I'd love to see that b*stard PLEAD for another chance.

Detest the b*stard, but he IS a quality forward.

Only not a tenth of the forward he THINKS he is.

I think he'll be a decent signing here. Considering our last game we had Kadar and Zurab at the back, the latter of which looks anything but a centre back at the minute. IF his wages arn't extortionate, I think he'll be fairly good as cover for Colo and Taylor. A centre half with bags of experience that could probably still do a job in the prem; cant go wrong when your low on numbers.

Wahey! another 30+ signing. Brill!

We haven't signed anyone 30+ since Viduka.

Marlon Harewood? We signed Nicky Butt not far shy of 30 and signing players past their best such as Viduka on massive wages is part of why the rot set in. Campbell is past it and will want a king's ransom. Not exactly forward thinking is it? If he can get us promoted at a reasonable expense then fine, we need squad depth but i'm pig sick of signing these players on reputation and not cutting it.