Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

some of our fans are soo fickle

complain about the size of the squad, and then complain that if we go to players either they are not good enough or cost too much, well we need players and if ashley is willing to provide the wages, then we cud be a little more happier than b4

• 1 month later...

Not sure why we need a 35 year old centreback who hasn't played for months when Taylor and Coloccini are doing so well.

Campbell wouldn't come unless he thought he'd get first team football regularly and would want big wages. Given our recent transfer dealings, I'd worry about our intentions regarding Colo and Taylor if we were to sign Cambell.

He's winding down. I hardly think he'd demand a start every week.

That's the thing though, Taylor and Coloccini are both robust lads who rarely get injured. Campbell will surely expect to be heavily involved at this stage of his career and with that massive ego of his.

He's winding down. I hardly think he'd demand a start every week.

That's the thing though, Taylor and Coloccini are both robust lads who rarely get injured. Campbell will surely expect to be heavily involved at this stage of his career and with that massive ego of his.

perhaps a player/coach deal might keep him happy. and while kadar has show promise can we rely on him if colo or saylor got a long term injury (which with us is hardly impossible)

Would of liked him at the start of the season as the train trash that Colo was poor at the start of the season but he  has grown as have many of squad so lets not sign Sol or sign/loan any more experienced players this season & give mins to some of the younger members of our squad or bring in young players who may sign for next season.

Sign him as coach!!!! Only if he is a fully qualified fitness trainer which looks like a priority for the club from what I can see.

I really hope those days are over where we signed egotistical, over the hill, overpaid and  disinterested players. At the moment we are showing teamwork (albeit not very good football most of the time ) but the only players we should be signing are those with a future ahead of them for when we get back to the prem. Sorry, but Sol does not fit that category.

perhaps a player/coach deal might keep him happy. and while kadar has show promise can we rely on him if colo or saylor got a long term injury (which with us is hardly impossible)

Who says he is any good as a coach? He may have been a top defender in the past but that doesn't make him a top coach. I can't imagine Rooney being a coach in the future passing on his skills.

Guest Heneage

do not want, for a multitude of reasons

Cos you're racist?

no

So not because you're a racist? Just because you don't rate him as a footballer, cool.

Depending on cost obviously, but I'd have him. Would be a big upgrade from Khiz as a 3rd choice CB, would give us a more formidable (physically) option of playing Taylor at RB and even if he isn't a great coach the likes of Kadar and Taylor would learn just from playing with him, he's always been an intelligent player and good communicator on the pitch. Common sense to get him in until the end of the season on a reasonable wage.

He was in his day a world class defender, his game was never just about pace IF he is able to pass on his knowledge about deffending then he is well worth taking on as a coach. If we can get a few games out of him if needed then even better, I say its well worth a punt.