Sol Campbell joins on one-year contract

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what good is a youth policy if Campbell comes here?

I would rather have kadar etc as backup than sol. when will these kids ever get a chance if we keep bringing in idiots for cover instead of blooding them in?

If the kids arent good enough, then sell them or release them. if they are, then give them a chance.

can't just rely on kids, a few old heads are always needed to guide the kids and kadar can learn a fair bit from campbell tbh

That argument is mentioned quite often with regards to Campbell, but I wonder how much truth is in it. If he's that good a coach and role model for the younger defenders, why haven't Arsenal kept him on?

Of course he's forgotten more about good defending than most of our lot know, but that doesn't mean he's a good teacher worth tens of thousands of pounds a week.

If his lass wasn't from up here this story wouldn't exist IMO.

He was in the Milburn stand just over a year ago telling everyone who would listen that he wanted to sign for us.

Didn't know that like.

Guest firetotheworks

Hallington Hall.

That is the best name for a hall ever.

'Hmm, what should we call it?'

'well, it's a hall, what about Hallington Hall?'

'I love it!'

Guest firetotheworks

More to do with it being in the village of Hallington but aye if that was the case it would be funny.

As soon as I saw it was you that had posted I knew immediately that it would be some pointless correction. Have a day off eh.

Hallington Hall.

That is the best name for a hall ever.

'Hmm, what should we call it?'

'well, it's a hall, what about Hallington Hall?'

'I love it!'

Aye, it was my family who came up with the name...

Whilst I'm all for bringing a couple of experienced pro's on board there's no point in signing someone who'll struggle to play two games a week if you want a consistent CB partnership.

Bring him on board as a Coach by all means. Give him a squad number by all means. But let's not pretend this will end well if we do go ahead and sign him.

Sol Campbell in his pomp was a fantastic player, like a fucking one man wall. That was some time ago now though - and he's turned into one of those players ex-England internationals (and top, top players) really shouldn't - a traveller - chasing the money.

PS: How exactly is Sol Campbell going to appreciate Messers Houghton & Calderwood hollering instructions at him? It'd be like Ronny Rosenthal being Torres' manager.

Guest firetotheworks

Whilst I'm all for bringing a couple of experienced pro's on board there's no point in signing someone who'll struggle two games a week if you want a consistent CB partnership.

Bring him on board as a Coach by all means. Give him a squad number by all means. But let's not pretend this will end well if we do go ahead and sign him.

Sol Campbell in his pomp was a fantastic player, like a f***ing one man wall. That was some time ago now though - and he's turned into one of those players ex-England internationals (and top, top players) really shouldn't - a traveller - chasing the money.

PS: How exactly is Sol Campbell going to appreciate Messers Houghton & Calderwood hollering instructions at him? It'd be like Ronny Rosenthal being Torres' manager.

Or Dean Saunders being Alan Shearer and Michael Owen's striking coaches.....hold on a second!

Whilst I'm all for bringing a couple of experienced pro's on board there's no point in signing someone who'll struggle two games a week if you want a consistent CB partnership.

Sol Campbell in his pomp was a fantastic player, like a f***ing one man wall. That was some time ago now though - and he's turned into one of those players ex-England internationals (and top, top players) really shouldn't - a traveller - chasing the money.

Or Dean Saunders being Alan Shearer and Michael Owen's striking coaches.....hold on a second!

Quite. I did think of that example funnily enough.

Well there goes our policy of signing younger players. Infact, this would probably be the oldest player we have ever signed.

I dont really think such a thing was ever set in stone. Loven, Williamson & Routledge are some recent players to join & I dont class them as younger players.

Well there goes our policy of signing younger players. Infact, this would probably be the oldest player we have ever signed.

I dont really think such a thing was ever set in stone. Loven, Williamson & Routledge are some recent players to join & I dont class them as younger players.

i think the press made up the young players shit