Fabrice Pancrate goes back to France

BeloEmre

Awesome finish, you'd expect from the likes of Henry, Ronaldo ect. Haven't seen a goal of that quality for a while from us.

Not saying he's as good as Henry before some div starts, obviously too early to tell about the player but first impression and early signs are very very good.

I like the way the players reacted to it aswell, nice to see a player looking so welcome already.

I love the way the whole team celebrates goals nowadays. Jonas is the only who doesn't seem to bother himself with it all really, everyone else fucking loves it. The team spirit in comparison to last year is astonishing.

Geordie Roar My Inspiration - Fabrice

By Craig Hope

NEW Gallowgate hero Fabrice Pancrate has revealed that it was the roar of the Toon Army that inspired him to fire his weekend wonder goal against Watford.

The French ace, making just his second appearance for The Magpies, was greeted with an almighty cheer from the black-and-white masses upon his introduction with 20 minutes remaining against The Hornets.

And Pancrate duly responded as he made sure of the points with his late stunner; spinning clear of two bedazzled yellow shirts before rocketing high into the Leazes End net.

"I just got the ball and held off the defender," said Fabrice when he spoke to nufcTV after the game.

"I turned away from two of them and went for power and it was such a good feeling to score my first goal - it was incredible."

The goal - his first for the club - almost raised the St.James' Park roof such was the feeling of relief as the ten-man hosts continued to protect their slender one-goal lead.

And Pancrate was quick to dedicate his strike to those fans who had afforded him such a rousing reception just moments earlier.

"As soon as I got on the pitch and got the ball I felt them behind me immediately and that pushed me forward to try to do the best for the team," he added.

"They are true fans and it was truly magnificent.

"They made me feel amazing and that goal is for them."

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/articles/geordie-roar-my-inspiration-fabrice-20091207_2240137_1897586

Doesn't mention there that he had a translator; spoke no English. Hopefully we've got a Bernard on our hands in that - as he learns English - he learns Geordie aswell. Used to love the odd rare interview with Ollie.

Guest optimistic nit

Kevin Blackwell must have been gutted after seeing that goal.

Can a eye on the threads below growing

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123685147

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123687842

'If he could get in the barcodes side.'

Erm, excuse me mate, we are top of the league.

If you posted the full sentence its a dig at Blackwell not us or Pancake

he's a want to be journalist mate.

Guest palnese

i thought you meant for bernard to be his interpreter  ;D although that wouldn't be a bad thing.

bassong was doing alright with the geordie last season too.

would be funny it lovenkrands started picking a bit of geordie to go with the glasdanish  :thup:

Lovelykrands has the coolest accent I've ever heard.

Great that everyone is now going crazy over him. Just a few weeks back people were saying that he was sure to be useless (since he didnt get a contract at Sheffield Utd) and using this as evidence that Ashley is not backing up Houghton. How times have changed...perhaps next time we will give a player a chance to prove himself first  :thup:

Great that everyone is now going crazy over him. Just a few weeks back people were saying that he was sure to be useless (since he didnt get a contract at Sheffield Utd) and using this as evidence that Ashley is not backing up Houghton. How times have changed...perhaps next time we will give a player a chance to prove himself first  :thup:

In your dreams.

I still maintain that he is shite, just everyone else in the division is marginally more shite, hence he looks good.

What is it about his game that you don't like in particular? I have a suspicion he's a bit gormless but it would take more than a few fleeting glimpses for me to actually pin that on him at the moment.