The FA Cup 2009/10 - NUFC get Plymouth (a) in the third round

Ashley17

Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats what i was thinking the bbc would possibly be all over that me thinks and its a bad draw a league 1 or 2 side or even non league side would be fine or a premiership team away would have been bad where now we are going to see the geordies at home then see them at home for april oh this is great NOT!!!

Plymouth fans seems happy to draw us...  :celb: :celb: :celb:

In a way an ideal draw. We can slip out the cup away from home to the disinterest of all and sundry. Simply not a priority this year and at least we won't be humbled by a Premier League side or shocked by minnows.

Guest Brummiemag

Hmm i'm sure Hughton will go for it and win this match...

I certainly hope so. Particularly for the travelling Newcastle fans who make the long journey and for whom the FA Cup still means a hell of a lot.

The FA Cup is the real deal and we should give it our best shot no matter what our other priorities are. For me this should always be one of our main priorities

Guest Brummiemag

In a way an ideal draw. We can slip out the cup away from home to the disinterest of all and sundry. Simply not a priority this year and at least we won't be humbled by a Premier League side or shocked by minnows.

Speak for yourself.

Its far from ideal for those who will make the effort to get to this match and for most of those it is very much a priority and always will be.

Hmm i'm sure Hughton will go for it and win this match...

I certainly hope so. Particularly for the travelling Newcastle fans who make the long journey and for whom the FA Cup still means a hell of a lot.

The FA Cup is the real deal and we should give it our best shot no matter what our other priorities are. For me this should always be one of our main priorities

:thup:

Fuck wanting to go out asap.

Yeah ok, we're not gonna win the thing, but a good cup run would give the club and the fans a much needed buzz.

I can't understand this 'I'd be pleased if we go out' mentality. It's frightening.

Small squad + bigger priorities = not such a bad thing if we go out.

Indeed, but there seems to be this attitude of actually wanting to go out. It's not like the FA Cup is going to have you playing games every midweek.