Newcastle United 2 - 0 Watford - 05/12/09 - post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Meanwhile, Watford boss Malky Mackay pleaded poverty as the reason for his side’s failure to make the most of their pressure and possession.

“I had belief even before Nolan was sent off, because we were creating chances, and I felt the pressure we then put on them and the chances we had were deserving of getting something from the game.

“We need to be clinical. At times, that’s the difference. Their guy gets a chance in the last few minutes – however many million he’s cost them – and puts it into the top corner.”

Aye Malk............he is our record transfer up there with John Anderson.

Meanwhile, Watford boss Malky Mackay pleaded poverty as the reason for his side’s failure to make the most of their pressure and possession.

“I had belief even before Nolan was sent off, because we were creating chances, and I felt the pressure we then put on them and the chances we had were deserving of getting something from the game.

“We need to be clinical. At times, that’s the difference. Their guy gets a chance in the last few minutes – however many million he’s cost them – and puts it into the top corner.”

Aye Malk............he is our record transfer up there with John Anderson.

Didn't do his homework did he ?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper-8- Was class and made some top saves

Simpson-6.5- Looked solid enough

Taylor-7-Did well

Coloccini-6.5- Was OK but his lack of pace does lead to him getting skinned, and we saw how we could have paid the price had it not been for Taylor.

Enrique-8.5- Class. Very dangerous going forward and solid defensively.

Guthrie-6-Not a winger

Smith-7- Won the ball back well

Nolan-6-Stupid to go in for challenges like that when on a yellow

Jonas-8-Worked hard and never stopped running. Our left side is very promising.

Harewood-6.5- Did well for the first goal but dosen't use his pace or strength enough

Lovenkrands-7-Another good performance. Was there at the right time for the goal and chased down multiple balls.

Coloccini-6.5- Was OK but his lack of pace does lead to him getting skinned, and we saw how we could have paid the price had it not been for Taylor.

yup, but thats why they're a good partnership. if one slips,the other makes sure they're there to cover

Guest sicko2ndbest

yup, but thats why they're a good partnership. if one slips,the other makes sure they're there to cover

If we can get rid in the summer we should

I rate Colo i really do, and this year he isnt coming up against the powerful monsters he did last year, which is helping his influence. I fear he will again be found out next season if we go up and we should consder getting in a more powerful replacement, more adept at dealing with the more powerful attacker.

'Council houses?' Newcastle has its rough parts like but has anyone ever been to Watford? It must be the kebab house capital of the UK...dog rough. Although that title does have its advantages.

To be perfectly fair, the area around the ground, on all sides, is pretty much 'it' regarding shitty run-down parts of Watford. It's not bad at all otherwise, just boring. Unfortunately though, I have to walk through West Watford every bloody day.

I enjoyed yesterdays win way more than last weeks, the noise level shot up after the sending off Hughton showed he does have a clue, Pancakeman impressed again and scored a cracker, Harewood did more work. Smith knocking over the Loven had me in fkn stitches, Harper again made some superb saves, Enrique and Jonas AREa force to be reckoned with.

Great win!!

'Council houses?' Newcastle has its rough parts like but has anyone ever been to Watford? It must be the kebab house capital of the UK...dog rough. Although that title does have its advantages.

To be perfectly fair, the area around the ground, on all sides, is pretty much 'it' regarding shitty run-down parts of Watford. It's not bad at all otherwise, just boring. Unfortunately though, I have to walk through West Watford every bloody day.

Must've been there then. I've only been there once like. Newcastle does have its rough bits but we're not scousers ffs. ugh.

Guest Heneage

Haha, that Smith moment had us in stitches. Knew for a fact it would do nowhere near the goal, almost knackered Lovenkrands and as the ball came back Smith did some kamakaze style diving header. :lol:

Looked like a dog catching a tennis ball.

Guest Heneage

Also, Helguson is utter dross.

Wait till GG sees this. :lol:

Good, sorry but he missed 2 chances I'd expect someone with the billing GG gave to finish like it was a training drill. No wonder QPR wanted rid.

Haha, that Smith moment had us in stitches. Knew for a fact it would do nowhere near the goal, almost knackered Lovenkrands and as the ball came back Smith did some kamakaze style diving header. :lol:

aye   :mackems: the whole crazy few seconds were fkn mint, and did it get shown lasTnight? did it fk.. I want decent highlights!

Good, sorry but he missed 2 chances I'd expect someone with the billing GG gave to finish like it was a training drill. No wonder QPR wanted rid.

Every striker has a bad day. Tbh, he's been lethal at the Vic recently. Scored more than he's missed, by far.

Every striker has a bad day. Tbh, he's been lethal at the Vic recently. Scored more than he's missed, by far.

Who, Jack Branning? ;D

Guest Heneage

But all he had to do was hit the target, they were 'harder to miss chances'.

Who, Jack Branning? ;D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(certainly not Tamwar Masood, the alter-ego of of GG)

I could just post the comment I posted above, again. Would that help?

Guest Heneage