Barnsley 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 12/12/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

Colocinni back 2 goals conceded. How do you plead Ronaldos/

He's supposed to have played very well along with Taylor according to Moncur. Considering the midfield stopped after the first 20 mins they did ok really.

A lot of our defensive frailties have more to do with the midfield than our defenders.  We have two great CBs and one okay DM and one really shit, ginger CM.

In all seriousness though, whilst we should probably have won this, it was a decent enough result against an in-form side.

Think that's fair enough. Should have held on after Harewood's goal though. We did all the hard work.

With 26 games left before today did people expect 25 wins, 1 draw (West Brom at home) or something?  When you win 5,6,7 in a row, you're going to draw or lose some time - we're still in an excellent position and people are going a bit over the top.

:clap:

It's got nothing to do with that though - taking each game individually, that wasn't good enough.

We were shit for the majority, Hughton's tactical decisions were suicidal. I don't care if we're still top of the league or whatever, a bad performance is a bad performance.

Guest firetotheworks

Shola must have picked up a knock if he didnt feature at all. Sounds like guthrie picked up one too.

Just the Simpson decision that has me wondering really.

I'm over the moon that we've managed to take a point from the high flying Barnsley who started the day in 9th position.

We're going to drop points at some time and at least we didnt get beat. The form of Barnsley over the last 10 games is higher than 9th too since they changed their manager.

Could have won it on another day but could also have lost it if Harewood hadnt got that second goal. Sense of perspective required.

Being honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the result- due to the fact that we went ahead with 10mins left, we shold be good enough at this level to see the game out. But it does mean we're still unbeaten and 8 points (till Monday at least) off 2ND(!!) place. That's impressive.

Had we been at home and got this result I think the mood would be a stark contrast. But lets focus on giving Boro a good beating on Sunday week! :)