Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

I think some words are - although understandably - very harsh on him.

Had he been fit for more of his NUFC career he would have been a Toon legend now, probably still playing here. Who knows?

Luck wasn't on his side and his performances in the 2nd half of the relegation season were dreadfull and he clearly didn't look committed enough to the cause.

Saying that, again, had he score that goal against David James against Portsmouth in our 2nd last (?) home game that season, he would have been the hero.

Quite clearly, all he really ever cared about what playing for England, not Newcastle, despite picking up his wages here and not just a few pounds a day. That's what really makes me/made me angry because that's obviously why the 2006 WC injury happened that made his career go down so quick, so much.

I think some words are - although understandably - very harsh on him.

Had he been fit for more of his NUFC career he would have been a Toon legend now, probably still playing here. Who knows? He wasn't and he isn't.

Luck wasn't on his side and his performances in the 2nd half of the relegation season were dreadfull and he clearly didn't look committed enough to the cause.

Saying that, again, had he score that goal against David James against Portsmouth in our 2nd last (?) home game that season, he would have been the hero. He didn't.

Quite clearly, all he really ever cared about what playing for England, not Newcastle, despite picking up his wages here and not just a few pounds a day. That's what really makes me/made me angry because that's obviously why the 2006 WC injury happened that made his career go down so quick, so much.

I think it's a really weak argument saying "if he'd done that, he'd have been this". He was unlucky with injuries for sure - but you've only got to compare him to the likes of Ben Arfa, who has given everything to repaying the faith shown by the club. Owen treated the club and the fans with contempt, right until the day he left and beyond - in spite of the fact we stood by him (paying him £100k a week) whilst he was sat on the injury table for years on end. His lack of enthusiasm and leadership as Captain when we went down was absolutely despicable and he deserves every morsel of vitriolic criticism he gets from Newcastle fans.

I would really like to know how much if his downfall is down to him knowing that his body can't handle football, and therefore signing for clubs where he wouldn't play. Or if it really is that he didn't care about football as much as horses.

My workmate (a Liverpool fan) told me today that he had a framed shirt signed by Michael Owen which was worth £450. When Owen left Liverpool, that frame was smashed to bits and is now sitting in his wardrobe rotting away. He hates him to fucking bits too. That's the sad thing about Michael Owen, he literally is unloved by the fans at the clubs he's been at.

He really won't be missed at all.

My workmate (a Liverpool fan) told me today that he had a framed shirt signed by Michael Owen which was worth £450. When Owen left Liverpool, that frame was smashed to bits and is now sitting in his wardrobe rotting away. He hates him to fucking bits too. That's the sad thing about Michael Owen, he literally is unloved by the fans at the clubs he's been at.

Unloved is an understatement. Nobody can stand the little prick.

Forgot that he won Sports Personality of the Year. :mackems:

European Footballer Of The Year in 2001. :lol:

Must have been a lean year for football, when they give it to someone for being good at running and beating keepers at one-on-ones.

See, even Neville 'I just wanna take you knickers off' Southall knows the score.

My workmate (a Liverpool fan) told me today that he had a framed shirt signed by Michael Owen which was worth £450. When Owen left Liverpool, that frame was smashed to bits and is now sitting in his wardrobe rotting away. He hates him to f***ing bits too. That's the sad thing about Michael Owen, he literally is unloved by the fans at the clubs he's been at.

Liverpool - Despised by fans

Real Madrid - Forgotten about by fans

Newcastle - Despised by fans

Man Utd - Not noticed by fans

Stoke - Not noticed by fans

See, even Neville 'I just wanna take you knickers off' Southall knows the score.

I just wanna what? :lol:

My workmate (a Liverpool fan) told me today that he had a framed shirt signed by Michael Owen which was worth £450. When Owen left Liverpool, that frame was smashed to bits and is now sitting in his wardrobe rotting away. He hates him to f***ing bits too. That's the sad thing about Michael Owen, he literally is unloved by the fans at the clubs he's been at.

Liverpool - Despised by fans

Real Madrid - Forgotten about by fans

Newcastle - Despised by fans

Man Utd - Not noticed by fans

Stoke - Not noticed by fans

The Man U fans I know think he's a shithouse.

I was absolutely livid the day we signed him, thought we'd made a massive fuck up. :smug:

Hated him for a while after he left but have little but utter disdain for him now. Not worth a second's thought, the insipid little turd.

A text he sent to the teenage lass he had an affair with. Always made me chuckle, the thought of him sending/saying that. :lol:

A text he sent to the teenage lass he had an affair with. Always made me chuckle, the thought of him sending/saying that. :lol:

Can't argue with the sentiment, tbf.