Michael Owen (now retired)

Keefaz

One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?  

648 members have voted

1. 1. One a scale of 1-5, how excited are you for Michael Owen on TV every week?

• I envy the deaf.

Guest Tyson

No longer has the legs required to survive in a pass-and-move gameplan, where he would be required to drop deep before ghosting into the box (off-the-ball). His burst of form under Keegan (in the 433) was his last hurrah in this respect. With that said i can't envision Mr Anti-Football even considering evolving, especially to suit a player who is well past the stage of running on fumes (physically).

Pullis will be banking that Owen's box-play & instincts will serve a purpose, as a result the usual knockdowns & scraps (ie. the last defensive line failing to clear it's line) courtesy of the long throw-ins etc. Best Hope: opportunistic 10 goal haul, amidst the usual Stoke Shite.

• 2 weeks later...
michael owen ‏@themichaelowen

Not being disrespectful when saying I wouldn't play in The Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.

After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England I don't think I would enjoy that football.

If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it. At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing.

I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Man Utd. At 32, still got a few years in me.

Putting us above the Championship now, that's a turn-up for the books.