Man City sack Mark Hughes; Roberto Mancini is the replacement

Thespence

Hughes' return given the money he's shelled out is pretty shite tbf. He's blatantly not the manager to turn them into this great footballing super-power, so it's hardly a bad decision (or mean/nasty/whatever) to sack him.

I'm sure the absolutely massive compensation package will help see him through these tough times.

Hughes' return given the money he's shelled out is pretty s**** tbf. He's blatantly not the manager to turn them into this great footballing super-power, so it's hardly a bad decision (or mean/nasty/whatever) to sack him.

I'm sure the absolutely massive compensation package will help see him through these tough times.

Think about that next time you have a dip in preformance. 

Hughes' return given the money he's shelled out is pretty s**** tbf. He's blatantly not the manager to turn them into this great footballing super-power, so it's hardly a bad decision (or mean/nasty/whatever) to sack him.

Think about that next time you have a dip in preformance.  

Yes because football management and everything else is the same isn't it? I like how those defending Hughes keeps on repeating that City lost only 2 games. Err what about the part of dropping points against the likes of Burnley, Birmingham, Bolton, Wigan, Hull? Doing well in the Premiership is not about losing few games, more important is registering wins. Spot on decision by the owners!

sad it is only some time before Mancini gets the same treatment......

A year and half of unlimited transfer funds before a big payoff? The poor sod.

in an era where managers aren't given enough time, isn't it strange that the arab billionaires kept faith with hughes for far too long? you can look at their season in two ways: they've only lost twice, but they've drawn against burnley, hull and bolton. i personally don't like hughes, or see him as top 4 standard, but nevertheless the way he was sacked today was disgraceful.

and is mancini actually that good? calciopoli made winning Serie A much, much easier. somehow i don't see mancini-citeh working out...

Guest neesy111

hughes is a piss poor manager

he's never had success in his managerial career so far, at least mancini has

spunked a load of money on a bunch of mercenary's, moaning twat about every decision

Always happy to see other clubs in a bit of turmoil and the more of them implode the better. At least we don't feel alone anymore. Unfortunately, most clubs have some form of structure in place and any change in managers will simply be eased over once a few points or a trophy is in the bag. Footie fans have short memories anyway....

The way things are this season, with a good manager and a respect of the players, City can easily finish in the top four.

Liverpool have gone to shits, Arsenal and Man U slip up now and again and you cannot argue that City don't have the players to. 

Liverpool have gone to shits, Arsenal and Man U slip up now and again and you cannot argue that City don't have the players to. 

Chelsea have jelly head in goal & have a few boys going to the ANC soon. It could of been out fucking year if we had of stayed up O0

City aren't exactly a million miles away from the top four, and along with the poor performances, there have been some very good ones. It takes time to build consistency and to get a settled side, and he should have been given till the end of the season.

I'm also not sure whether all the players that have been brought in have been Hughes's choice. Robinho in particular, who hasn't delivered at all on the pitch and who I suspect has caused problems off it.

From ManC forum ....

" I agree Hughes showed him no loyalty and Dunne should never have been shipped out and should have just been dropped to the bench instead for situations like we have come into now. The irony of the Dunne situation is hilarious. Hughes fucked Dunne over then Hughes got fucked over. Well what's comes around..."  :clap:

I don't know anything about Mancini. Does anyone here rate him as a 'top 4 manager'

As manager

ACF Fiorentina

Coppa Italia: 2000–01

S.S. Lazio

Coppa Italia: 2003–04

F.C. Internazionale Milano

Serie A: 2005–06; 2006–07; 2007–08

Coppa Italia: 2004–05; 2005–06

Someone described him as being no better than Hughes but he's actually won a shed load of trophies.

Hughes' main signings:

Jo £18m

Tal Ben Haim £5m

Vincent Kompany £6m

SWP £9m

Pablo Zabaleta £7m

Robinho £32.5m

Wayne Bridge £12m

Craig Bellamy £8m

Nigel De Jong £17m

Shay Given £5m

Gareth Barry £12m

Roque Santa Cruz £17.5m

Carlos Tevez £25m

Emmanuel Adebayor £25m

Kolo Toure £16m

Joleon Lescott £22m

How many of those could you say were 'value for money' or 'good signings'?

Jo £18m

Tal Ben Haim £5m

Vincent Kompany £6m

SWP £9m

Pablo Zabaleta £7m

Robinho £32.5m

Wayne Bridge £12m

Craig Bellamy £8m

Nigel De Jong £17m

Shay Given £5m

Gareth Barry £12m

Roque Santa Cruz £17.5m

Carlos Tevez £25m

Emmanuel Adebayor £25m

Kolo Toure £16m

Joleon Lescott £22m

The signings of Santa Cruz, De Jong, Toure and Lescott all horribly overpriced. Robinho hugely overpriced, and Jo the biggest waste of money in the last 5 years easily.

Hughes' main signings:

Jo £18m

Tal Ben Haim £5m

Vincent Kompany £6m

SWP £9m

Pablo Zabaleta £7m

Robinho £32.5m

Wayne Bridge £12m

Craig Bellamy £8m

Nigel De Jong £17m

Shay Given £5m

Gareth Barry £12m

Roque Santa Cruz £17.5m

Carlos Tevez £25m

Emmanuel Adebayor £25m

Kolo Toure £16m

Joleon Lescott £22m

How many of those could you say were 'value for money' or 'good signings'?

Jo £18m

Tal Ben Haim £5m

Vincent Kompany £6m

SWP £9m

Pablo Zabaleta £7m

Robinho £32.5m

Wayne Bridge £12m

Craig Bellamy £8m

Nigel De Jong £17m

Shay Given £5m

Gareth Barry £12m

Roque Santa Cruz £17.5m

Carlos Tevez £25m

Emmanuel Adebayor £25m

Kolo Toure £16m

Joleon Lescott £22m

The signings of Santa Cruz, De Jong, Toure and Lescott all horribly overpriced. Robinho hugely overpriced, and Jo the biggest waste of money in the last 5 years easily.

To be fair I don't think value for money is very easy when you are the richest club in the world and everyone (except Mike Ashley) knows it.