Danny Simpson (now retired)

Guest toonlass

Arbeloa has been garbage in both boxes this season tbf anyway i agree he's not terrible was just pointing out that more often than not most teams are going with fullbacks who can effect the game going forward rather than fullbacks who just defend.

I also agree he isn't deserve some of the crap he deserves but meh whats done is done, his career will go on and we will go on.

We won't get far if we keep doing this to limited players.

Arbeloa has been garbage in both boxes this season tbf anyway i agree he's not terrible was just pointing out that more often than not most teams are going with fullbacks who can effect the game going forward rather than fullbacks who just defend.

I also agree he isn't deserve some of the crap he deserves but meh whats done is done, his career will go on and we will go on.

We won't get far if we keep doing this to limited players.

While i agree, he's out of contract in the summer and we seem to have a decent number of fullbacks now and Santon can play both sides.

In this instance i'm quite comfortable with the fullback situation going forward.

I don't even think it's Simpson's 'attacking' that's the problem... it's just how unequipped and uncomfortable he looks when doing anything with the ball.

I was just about to type out the same argument.  Good job I refreshed because you've done it perfect justice in one line :thup:

Still think Simpson only just scrapes into status as a Premier League footballer. That's the level of club he'll end up at, a club packed with players on the border between Championship/Premier League quality. In terms of ability in possession of the ball and in terms of distribution I struggle to think of a worse player in the top flight. He may not directly cost us goals (depends what defines this, I think the sudden idea he doesn't make defensive errors is a bit of a new one), but his entire style of play will forever limit a team.

His arrogance of his own ability is the thing that riles me up the most though. The comments on Twitter about him being better than Rafael, and Dzeko being 'pony' - both players that are infinitely more talented than him and will achieve a hell of a lot more in the game. That kind of stuff coupled with his unnerving ability to pass the blame onto others on the pitch iritate me more than his own limitations. He's served a purpose but I'll be happy to see walk away at the end of the season rather than secure him on the 'purple player' status/wages he desires.

Still think Simpson only just scrapes into status as a Premier League footballer. That's the level of club he'll end up at, a club packed with players on the border between Championship/Premier League quality. In terms of ability in possession of the ball and in terms of distribution I struggle to think of a worse player in the top flight. He may not directly cost us goals (depends what defines this, I think the sudden idea he doesn't make defensive errors is a bit of a new one), but his entire style of play will forever limit a team.

His arrogance of his own ability is the thing that riles me up the most though. The comments on Twitter about him being better than Rafael, and Dzeko being 'pony' - both players that are infinitely more talented than him and will achieve a hell of a lot more in the game. That kind of stuff coupled with his unnerving ability to pass the blame onto others on the pitch iritate me more than his own limitations. He's served a purpose but I'll be happy to see walk away at the end of the season rather than secure him on the 'purple player' status/wages he desires.

Why is College dropout talking about this forum as if it was one of us that whacked him? He is rightly getting stick for acting like a fucking twat when out on the piss, which is in no way how a professional footballer should behave. I would have said the same had it been Cabaye or Santon, but it wasn't, it was a player who should be hard at work getting his fitness back and as far as I know, being steaming and eating junk food isn't the best way to get fit.

Me too.

Me too.

Footballers at the top level need that arrogance though, helps generate self belief.

Not that it helps Simpson much though.

:lol:

Laughing at our own players' getting ko'd is poor imo. Like I said, don't think that would happen on RAWK and the club is better for that attitude. As much as you mock the "we are Liverpool" stuff it's good for the team.

RAWK is full of foreigners and freaks. It's hardly representative of their fanbase, more like an online mental asylum.

Guest palnese

Remember when Charles Itandje remembered something funny at the wrong time. They weren't so forgiving to him, I thought they'd fed him to lions until he turned up in Greece for our qualifier.

Fucking hate when that happens :lol:

Simpson is probably as good as we could get for a reserve RB, unless we unearth a brilliant youngster who doesn't care if he plays or not.

When he was first choice it was a nightmare, but having him in the squad is acceptable.

Problem is, he won't accept being a reserve.

Laughing at our own players' getting ko'd is poor imo. Like I said, don't think that would happen on RAWK and the club is better for that attitude. As much as you mock the "we are Liverpool" stuff it's good for the team.

:facepalm: