Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

It's a strange one this, he would seem like exactly the kind of player who would stay. He's not good enough to play first-team football at a better club, and he always seems a good pro and a decent lad.

Even if we sign another fullback he would be excellent to have around. Guess he's just looking a signing-on bonus and a wage increase, can't really blame him for that.

If he goes, needs replacement obviously. My hunch is there won't be massive offers coming in from any clubs ahead of us and he'll have a change of heart, though maybe Arsenal with their desperate injury problems may grab him for very temporary cover, but he's not good enough and seems unlikely.

If he goes, needs replacement obviously. My hunch is there won't be massive offers coming in from any clubs ahead of us and he'll have a change of heart, though maybe Arsenal with their desperate injury problems may grab him for very temporary cover, but he's not good enough and seems unlikely.

No way , man :lol:

I like Simpson as a person. Not as happy about his football, although i'm not as negative as others. Average/decent right back who we should have no problem replacing. Obviously though, we need to replace and not just give the spot to Raylor or something.

Quite shocked by this as it seems he was enjoying his football up here although it wouldn't surprise me if the club offered him his current wage with a few more bonuses thown in there.

Not too fussed about him leaving as long as a replacement is brought in. Probably best for both parties if this happens in the summer though.

Funny you should mention Simpson, as my Arsenal mate seems to rate him, and said he would swap us Djourou (sp?) for Simpson. I'd take that tbh.

Sweet. How high up is your mate? What are the chances of this coming off?

:lol:

Isn't Djourou error-prone? Think he's exactly the kind of defender who would get crucified by our fans.

He's great in the air but can't handle pacy strikers. Would have been useful against Norwich.