Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

He's rarely a complete and utter liability, but he's without doubt the weakest link and has a questionable attitude.

i'd say theres a doubt, williamson is often the weakest link (and i don't see eother being regulars next season)

We still need a squad...

Think it's fairly clear he's not content with just being a squad player and that he sees himself as someone who should be first choice. I'd be more than happy to keep him on as back up, but it's just not going to happen as far as I can see.

Guest Tyson

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

BooBoys' target Danny Simpson is still a doubtful starter for City clash, awaiting confirmation from source. Twitterazzi waiting for the lad to fail with sharpened claws. Such a poor outlook on life, bad advertisment for #nufc fans. I don't like them.

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder

BooBoys' target Danny Simpson is still a doubtful starter for City clash, awaiting confirmation from source. Twitterazzi waiting for the lad to fail with sharpened claws. Such a poor outlook on life, bad advertisment for #nufc fans. I don't like them.

:jesuswept:

From what I can work out so far -

*There always has to be one player we don't like.

*He is quite cocky.

*He blames everyone else for his mistakes.

*The backing off thing was blown out of proportion some time back.

*He is absolute dogshit in possession and his lack of quality on the ball costs us.

I don't give a shit if he's the most arrogant, self congratulating, blame layer going if he can do a job.

Has to be replaced for the first team this summer.

Not bothered if he stays around on the bench to fill in every now and again.

Agree twitter abuse is obnoxious, if we want players to be more engaging on twitter and not just run by PR people they shouldn't be subjected to hate, even if their performances are poor.

A solid servant and a good defender who contributed in the last 3 seasons, regardless of his deficiencies in possession.

This. Im not his biggest fan but he's been consistant and reliable for the past 3 seasons. Whats he been on 10k p/w? To think weve been paying Smith 60k p/w the whole time puts it in perspective abit.

Guest Roger Kint

A solid servant and a good defender who contributed in the last 3 seasons, regardless of his deficiencies in possession.

This. Im not his biggest fan but he's been consistant and reliable for the past 3 seasons. Whats he been on 10k p/w? To think weve been paying Smith 60k p/w the whole time puts it in perspective abit.

Agree with you both. Oh and Mick re twitter

I too have no problem with Simpson, other than him being a bit of a nugget he's never cause the club harm.

However, footballing wise he's not up to the standard of the rest of the squad.

I too have no problem with Simpson, other than him being a bit of a nugget he's never cause the club harm.

However, footballing wise he's not up to the standard of the rest of the squad.

This

Williamson's probably a poorer footballer for a start. I'd like to keep him but he should be a squad player next season if we want to progress.

Think at his age and after being a first team choice for a few years now he wouldn't want to be on the bench as he could get first team football at a mid table club.

Probably true, although he would be better here. With the amount of games we have got there's definitely games for him to play. Mind, if he was to leave for more games I wouldn't be annoyed by it and could understand his reasons.