Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest bimpy474

Again, it would be churlish not to admit that Brown and O'Shea are good players. Unfortunately for them, they've always been far too prone to injuries.

Churlish or an opinion that happens to differ maybe ?

Guest Archie

He is not bad, just incredible mediocre with the heart of a pea. We can do better so we will.

Door,hit,out.

I think you can question he ability but not his heart/ effort. Really don't know where you get that from.

He is a coward. Which affects nearly every decision he makes. Im sure he loves the club and the team but he doesnt have the balls to go past players or challenge them one-on-one, which constantly invites pressure and poses unnecessary risk.

He is not bad, just incredible mediocre with the heart of a pea. We can do better so we will.

Door,hit,out.

I think you can question he ability but not his heart/ effort. Really don't know where you get that from.

He is a coward. Which affects nearly every decision he makes. Im sure he loves the club and the team but he doesnt have the balls to go past players or challenge them one-on-one, which constantly invites pressure and poses unnecessary risk.

Coward's a bit strong a word to describe an athlete, imo.

Guest BooBoo

Coward. Ridiculous, some of his defensive showings last year were very good. See Man Utd away for example.

Door,hit,out.

Doesn't have the balls to go past players? What utter shite man. :lol: He doesn't go past players because he's simply not good enough to do so.

Coward is far to strong a word, he has limitations and doesn't go out of his way to expose them.

The cowardly thing comes from his uncanny ability to back off from a LW running at him rather than put a foot in to stop him. Seen him do it dozens and dozens of times and it's frustrating. Jerome Thomas ffs.

Coward is far to strong a word, he has limitations and doesn't go out of his way to expose them.

The cowardly thing comes from his uncanny ability to back off from a LW running at him rather than put a foot in to stop him. Seen him do it dozens and dozens of times and it's frustrating. Jerome Thomas ffs.

Yes!

Yep, i can ignore his lack of talent and treating the ball like it's about to explode. But the whole backing off until he's basically standing on Krul's toes really pisses me off.

Yep, i can ignore his lack of talent and treating the ball like it's about to explode. But the whole backing off until he's basically standing on Krul's toes really pisses me off.

the backing off thing is cack. it was highlighted on MotD on one occasion then many built on it to the poiunt of blaming it for the spurs  goal  (season back up i think)when he actually done the right thing. those that say he should 'put a foot in' have obviously never played the game. any player that stands up to put a foot in with a player running at them will get burned.

competent defender, not great, poor with the ball.

So if we do get Debuchy and Douglas and simpson leaves, who are we going to make the official starting team scapegoat this year to pick apart for generally little reason?

Discounting Obertan... Im going to say Gutierrez the signs are already there.

the backing off thing is cack. it was highlighted on MotD on one occasion then many built on it to the poiunt of blaming it for the spurs  goal  (season back up i think)when he actually done the right thing. those that say he should 'put a foot in' have obviously never played the game. any player that stands up to put a foot in with a player running at them will get burned.

Agree that it's not always appropriate to make a challenge every time but backing off 30 yards and allowing the winger to get a bit of speed and momentum isn't great either. Backing off and allowing them to attack you in the penalty area means you can't afford to make any challenge at all.

So if we do get Debuchy and Douglas and simpson leaves, who are we going to make the official starting team scapegoat this year to pick apart for generally little reason?

I'll scapegoat those who give poor performances, it can be Cisse for all i care.

Having said that i don't usually blame one player for a defeat or a draw from a winning position. It's a team sport and usually 1 player isn't the reason we lost a particular game.

Aye Jonas or Ba if he is still played out left. No matter how well he plays if he isn't scoring on a regular basis he will get stick from a section.

He isn't a coward but he never, ever takes responsibility or criticism for what is blatantly his and his alone's error: see that Bellamy freekick goal at Anfield, which was pretty much wholly Simpson's fault. He passes the buck.

The non-challenge at Brighton really annoyed me too. On a booking so doesn't even attempt to get to the ball or use his strength etc.

Agree that it's not always appropriate to make a challenge every time but backing off 30 yards and allowing the winger to get a bit of speed and momentum isn't great either. Backing off and allowing them to attack you in the penalty area means you can't afford to make any challenge at all.

o

backing off or guiding away ? despite all the claims of backing off all the time in the box i've yet to be convinced he's done anything wrong defensivly, if you want to have a go defensivly slag off the centre halves when the ball comes across them from wide (started under hughton still on going)

on the ball though...oh dear!

Madras, isn't the whole point of a full back to stop crosses coming in in the first place? Backing off is useful if you end up forcing the winger onto his weaker foot, thereby stopping the cross and forces him to pass backwards and disrupting the momentum of the attack. But backing off aimlessly and letting the wingers cross in the hope that the centre back will deal with the crosses is just poor defending and is what Simpson usually does

I clearly remember him doing this at home last season and making a very public display of blaming it on Ben Arfa.

Isn't one of the criticisms that he wants a wage in line with other first-team players, when he was first-team last season by default. Sign Debuchy and he's back in the Perch, Gosling, Shola, Williamson bracket so shouldn't be getting what he thinks he's worth.

Guest neesy111

He's an OK defender, but my god he's a shocking footballer with the ball at his feet offers zero going forward.

Gutierrez for sure. It'll be (mostly) unwarranted too.