Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

simpson would be a perfect backup....we should try and see if there is any upgrades on simpson out there....

unfortunately rafinha went to bayern i think...who else is there?

Probably one or two.

simpson would be a perfect backup....we should try and see if there is any upgrades on simpson out there....

unfortunately rafinha went to bayern i think...who else is there?

Probably one or two.

Sebastien Corchia since we're bumming the French to death.

Guest Recoba

Don't see how signing him up is a bad thing.  Not a priority position and he should still have some improvement in him.

If he dosnt step up this season then we will need to upgrade if we have ambition, but he would be solid back up and he don't be on huge money.

Don't see how signing him up is a bad thing.  Not a priority position and he should still have some improvement in him.

If he dosnt step up this season then we will need to upgrade if we have ambition, but he would be solid back up and he don't be on huge money.

Agree, it's not like offering Smith a massive contract with huge wages when he's shite. Simpson is potentially a very decent player for us for a few years yet.

I like everything about offering this good, young and hard-working lad a deal.  If we ever decide to sign someone more offensive or someone better, then so-be it.  But I'm happy with him in our back-line and hope that he works on his attacking side of his game.  He's improved massively on his defensive-side too.  My only knock on him is that he tends to give too much space and allow for the cross to come in. 

But I like the player and this should be good business for us.

Guest MrSundlofer

dannysimpson12 Danny Simpson

Its all messy right now

Is he talking about the contract maybe?

5 year deals should only be offered to consummate professionals! Players who are damn serious about playing football. Not sure how Simpson fares in this department, but his heart seems to be in the club, and he doesn't seem like the waster that Ranger is. If he should ever become 2nd choice, and doesn't like it, he can move on to get first team football elsewhere. The last thing we want is to be lumbered with wasters on 5 year contracts who have no real ambition or desire to play and succeed.