Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Now you're just being stupid and talking in the heat of the moment.

Tavernier is a untested (in the top flight) youngster and really isn't the answer.

Agreed, it's all very well that he's getting some first team experience on loan but it would be a mistake to throw him into the deep end straightaway. Tavernier struggled in pre-season imo so he's still some way from the first team really.

Lets keep Simmo there then, he dosnt struggle at all!

Let's play Harper there, because Simpson struggles LOL

Aye, because playing a GK at RB is comparable to playing a RB at RB.

Lets not forget he does have one of the most clueless footballers ever infront of him, it must be an utter nightmare playing behind Obertan

This is a good point although I think some players are just... s***.

Had Barton in front of him last season and he was just as shit.

Lets not forget he does have one of the most clueless footballers ever infront of him, it must be an utter nightmare playing behind Obertan

Had Barton in front of him last season and he was just as shit.

Seem to remember people defending Simpson last season, saying Barton didn't offer enough protection.

Simpson's a very poor footballer, that's what we got him for 500K.

Maybe you should tell Pardew that, seeing as we paid £5m for a full back who can't get a start for love or money at this time.

Now you're just being stupid and talking in the heat of the moment.

Tavernier is a untested (in the top flight) youngster and really isn't the answer.

Agreed, it's all very well that he's getting some first team experience on loan but it would be a mistake to throw him into the deep end straightaway. Tavernier struggled in pre-season imo so he's still some way from the first team really.

Lets keep Simmo there then, he dosnt struggle at all!

Let's play Harper there, because Simpson struggles LOL

Aye, because playing a GK at RB is comparable to playing a RB at RB.

Not with sicko's logic. If he's better than Simpson, play him there!

Had Barton in front of him last season and he was just as s***.

I mentioned this before many pages back, I reckon Simpson really misses having Barton in front of him.

It seems like we're only gonna "afford" to buy one player this window, so i doubt that we'll get the quality LB we want and move Santon to RB. With a tight and unambitious budget i would try and get rid of Simpson and use the cash to get Nathaniel Clyne in instead for about the same money.

But i guess that wont happen anyway, just a wishful thought without spending from our original budget but still making our team stronger by replacing Simpson.

Guest bimpy474

No idea why we still want him to sign a contract, just get rid and bring someone a bit more solid in

He's cheap.

back up too (imo).

Fyp ;)

Reckon we could get around £1.5mil for him from some daft club. Maybe QPR would take him...

Doubt it, Luke Young is a far better player.

McLeish always seemed to be linked to him when he was with Brum and he can hardly be impressed with the way Hutton's played this season so that might be an avenue worth exploring.

If we did sign a first team centre back in January or the summer, would people be against putting STaylor at RB instead of Simpson next season?

I wouldn't be averse to playing Dennis Taylor there the way Simpson has acquitted himself for most of this season.

Interesting. Sounds like he's more suited to the right wing though, hmmm (which could be a good thing considering our problems there with a certain Mr. Obertan).

Mind you, this is League 1 football we're talking about so when Tavernier comes back from his loan spell, would he be ready for the step up to the PL?

Just to add to the last 10-15 pages, this lad is terrible.  If I trusted the board to actually get someone better in, I'd be happy to see the back of him.  Fed up of watching him panic under the slightest bit of pressure, take 8 touches and then boot it to no one.