Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

Guest michaelfoster

They're all bland as f***. Nothing will compare to the current away strip.

Sick of having blue away shirts like.

We have had 11 blue away/third kits since 1993

Guest michaelfoster

Colours for away/3rd kits since 1988

Blue 11

Yellow 6

White 5

Maroon 2

Black 2

Green 2

Weezertron link=topic=66687.msg2334335#msg2334335 date=1274635701]

They're all bland as f***. Nothing will compare to the current away strip.

Sick of having blue away shirts like.

Surely thats a good thing?  :lol:

It's a modern classic. Pushing the boundries, innovative.

I'm just joking like, but I do genuinely love our away strip. I know others do too.

As for blue, well it's just a shit colour imo. Especially when it's just a MSpaint dark blue.

i like the change kits, and if theyre not too expensive, will be getting both. They might be a tad "boring" but theyre smart tops and theyre not gonna be laughed at!

As for the home kit.. I feel the same way as most it seems, wtf were they thinking with the badges :/

- will have to see it in person, but its 50-50 whether i'll be getting that one

Guest malandro

i like the change kits, and if theyre not too expensive, will be getting both. They might be a tad "boring" but theyre smart tops and theyre not gonna be laughed at!

As for the home kit.. I feel the same way as most it seems, wtf were they thinking with the badges :/

- will have to see it in person, but its 50-50 whether i'll be getting that one

If you do buy it (despite it being shit) what incentive is there for Puma to come up something better next time? That’s if they extend the current two year deal.

it might be one of those shirts that looks better on a person, rather than layed out on a table. apart from it being black-dominant, i really dont like it. no patch on the back might redeem it a little, but overall its a no, not for me  :no:

So someone comes on here, registers yesterday, has never posted before, posts twice with pictures of what our new shirts are like, theres no other links or posts ANYWHERE on the net, six pages later and he hasnt posted back :dowie:

and yous are still commenting on the shirts :facepalm:

You didn't see the other photo then?

Guest malandro

So someone comes on here, registers yesterday, has never posted before, posts twice with pictures of what our new shirts are like, theres no other links or posts ANYWHERE on the net, six pages later and he hasnt posted back :dowie:

The kit launch of the 300 that never was, didn’t happen about a month ago now. So the final production versions of the kit must be sitting around in a warehouse somewhere and somebody would have had to go to great lengths to fake real shirts with labels, and it’s hard to see why they’d bother.

90% chance these are the new kits.

Guest Heneage

Have we recieved any word when the new kit is being released? I'd imagine it will be post World Cup and prior to the earliest friendly?

You didn't see the other photo then?

as in the away tops photo?

if so then yes, and?

I have on good authority it's the real deal and in this exclusive photo, the 3rd kit has been signed by some of the players...

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7813/21052010206.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hold on a second..............So these are the actual real shirts!?!?

Fucking diabolical. Why did I think that they would do anything other than make a complete fucking hash of it?

'Toon Army'  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Guest Pjpg

Surely the home kit has to look the nicest because it will be the one most people would want to buy because its black and white stripes, the kit we will wear the most. Puma have done a silly job if this is real, i do like the away and 3rd kits though, would rather them all be fake and the home one is better, i preffered the one from a while ago which people believed was the home kit before the end of the season

Guest malandro

Have we recieved any word when the new kit is being released? I'd imagine it will be post World Cup and prior to the earliest friendly?

The original contract with adidas ended on the 31st may 2005. It would make senses if the five year extension ran until 31st may 2010?

On the subject of away strips, do kit-makers find that changing them once a year actually turns out in more sales?  I would be far, far, far more likely to buy an away top if we wore it for 2 years and it would take something special for me to buy a top we only had for a year.  Don't know if I'm in the minority there.