Report: New kit deal agreed with Puma

Dave

Yep, well similar to our last seasons away kit! Hold up....

I think I'll reserve judgement until I've seen confirmation that they are the actual kits, and actually seen what they fit like.

The kits seem absolutely fine to me. At the end of the day, it's a football kit and not a fashion statement. Our boys will look fine running on the glorious green grass and I believe it would look fine to wear around. I guess I'm just one of those people that will never understand the anger that is released over these sorts of things. Last year people were saying that the yellow custard kit a vicious and malicious attempt to embarass the supporters. :lol: Inevitably, it was fine and I was one of many that quite liked it. I definitely need to invest in a black and white home kit though. My last one is a fake from 2006 that says "Ma ti s" "9" at this point.

The kits seem absolutely fine to me. At the end of the day, it's a football kit and not a fashion statement. Our boys will look fine running on the glorious green grass and I believe it would look fine to wear around. I guess I'm just one of those people that will never understand the anger that is released over these sorts of things. Last year people were saying that the yellow custard kit a vicious and malicious attempt to embarass the supporters. :lol: Inevitably, it was fine and I was one of many that quite liked it. I definitely need to invest in a black and white home kit though. My last one is a fake from 2006 that says "Ma ti s" "9" at this point.

I know djmattis is a decent poster, but surely that's going a bit far? ???

Guest Phil K

It's clothing. Some people give a s*** about how they look. I know it wasn't like this in the 30s, but times have changed old man.

No, it's similar to a bunch of girls arguing about what lipstick goes with what eye shadow with what dress.

It's clothing. Some people give a s*** about how they look. I know it wasn't like this in the 30s, but times have changed old man.

No, it's similar to a bunch of girls arguing about what lipstick goes with what eye shadow with what dress.

Yeah, I like my women to look good too, so what?  :fishing:

I love you man. :lol:

aye, having pride in their appearance, what a fucking crime.

aye, having pride in their appearance, what a f***ing crime.

People who have that much pride in their appearance probably don't go around in tacky football tops tbh  :shifty:

aye, having pride in their appearance, what a f***ing crime.

People who have that much pride in their appearance probably don't go around in tacky football tops tbh  :shifty:

Well that's a matter of taste sir.

With the latest pictures showing the collar, with Toon Army stitched into the material, I honest think they are not the real deal as no one in their right mind would sanction putting Toon Army on the shirt.  That coupled with the white badge surrounds.  Etches of poor design and somehow I doubt anyone in PUMA QA would sanction shoddy work.

I refer you to the use of the phrase "Geordie Nation" in an official club statement.

Latest from Footballshirtculture.

Hello, Just a quick word to put your minds at ease.

I work for Puma. However, not in a production Factory. Im actually a marketing representative and work mostly on the continent. I like to check this site quite a lot as I am a lifelong football fan and ultimately, a bit of a Newcastle nut! I heard yesterday that the site had posted pictures of the new toon tops so i got a bit exciited as I hadn't seen them! So, from my hotel i logged straight on and checked them out. I was very dissapointed to see the home kit looking rather bland but for the other two, well i quite like them. The blue one especially is probably the most bright and punchy looking footer shirt I've seen for any Premier League team so far this season.

Now...I'm going to put your mind at rest. I contacted a collegue who has contacts at the production factory in Asia. I waited a fair while for a response on the question but I asked him if he could check that the kits posted were the ones making final production. Well, they're not....not yet anyway.

The tops you can see above are only three of eight. All are prototypes and no definite desision has been made on the final kits.

I was notified that they had not started to produce any Newcastle tops yet, currently there are only the eight produced 3 of which you see above. There have been four home top prototypes made, and four away kit prototypes made. The white one above is an away kit option, not a third kit.

The club badges, and sponsor have been ironed for money purposes only. Embrioding the kit badge and sponsor on a prototype just isnt viable so thats the reason we haven't done it.

I have been advised that the collar is staying as is on above pictures however, one design does provide the Puma logo on the right hand side. There has also been a yellow, green and white away top prototyped. ..i have been informed.

There may be changes so dont expect these kits to be final products.

I would personally be happy for the blue away one mind.

How'ay the lads....

from another web forum

I work for Puma. However, not in a production Factory. Im actually a marketing representative and work mostly on the continent. I like to check this site quite a lot as I am a lifelong football fan and ultimately, a bit of a Newcastle nut! I heard yesterday that the site had posted pictures of the new toon tops so i got a bit exciited as I hadn't seen them! So, from my hotel i logged straight on and checked them out. I was very dissapointed to see the home kit looking rather bland but for the other two, well i quite like them. The blue one especially is probably the most bright and punchy looking footer shirt I've seen for any Premier League team so far this season.

Now...I'm going to put your mind at rest. I contacted a collegue who has contacts at the production factory in Asia. I waited a fair while for a response on the question but I asked him if he could check that the kits posted were the ones making final production. Well, they're not....not yet anyway.

The tops you can see above are only three of eight. All are prototypes and no definite desision has been made on the final kits.

I was notified that they had not started to produce any Newcastle tops yet, currently there are only the eight produced 3 of which you see above. There have been four home top prototypes made, and four away kit prototypes made. The white one above is an away kit option, not a third kit.

The club badges, and sponsor have been ironed for money purposes only. Embrioding the kit badge and sponsor on a prototype just isnt viable so thats the reason we haven't done it.

I have been advised that the collar is staying as is on above pictures however, one design does provide the Puma logo on the right hand side. There has also been a yellow, green and white away top prototyped. ..i have been informed.

How'ay the lads....

from another web forum

How'ay the lads....

:lol: