Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Imagine being such a top bloke like Shearer, thinking a little shitcunt like Owen was worth your time and friendship then realising after nigh on a decade later that it was all for nothing.

That was also after he'd clearly been more interested in playing for England, however fit, than he was in playing for us.

He topped it all by bringing out that effing brochure and telling the world he had no fitness issues.

I'm sorry but there is far too much water under the bridge for him to get any sympathy for sob stories. He never gave a monkey's at the time.

Shearer came back from injuries a lot worse than Owen ever suffered and outside of those periods he hardly missed a game.

Shearer was electric at Blackburn and although he never had Owen’s raw pace he was able , before his first major injury, to pick up the ball deep and run at defences.

When Owen burst on the scene there was a lot of talk about his reliance on pace and that he would struggle if he lost it and that’s exactly what happened. He could never come to terms with the fact he wasn’t that 19/20/21 year old anymore.

Shearer, on the other hand, modified his game and changed his style which prolonged his career.

I dont think Owen's problem was age, more injuries. He was damn good when we first had him until first injury against Tottenham. Then the knee injury ended it for him.

Guest firetotheworks

In fairness to Souness, he wanted Anelka over Owen who would have been undoubtedly better and probably brilliant, even under Souness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45313122

I think that's the statement from Owen that has got Shearer a bit annoyed. He's practically admitted to conning people for the last years of his career.

What complete mugs we were for buying him.

I hate Owen, but tbf, his decline came after he joined us, I'd say. He was really good til that spurs injury. 7 goals in his first 10 or 11 games. Things got grim that season but I also have very fond memories of being at Blackburn (3-1, West Brom and West Ham away - Owen & Shearer scoring in all three.

You lot are making me feel dirty for backing up the little scummer but has everyone suddenly forgotten Keegan rejuvenating him? Owen's issue was that he was a spineless little prick. He evolved his game after injuries and when he could be arsed proved he could be effective. He just didn't want to because he's subhuman scum.

You lot are making me feel dirty for backing up the little scummer but has everyone suddenly forgotten Keegan rejuvenating him? Owen's issue was that he was a spineless little prick. He evolved his game after injuries and when he could be arsed proved he could be effective. He just didn't want to because he's subhuman scum.

That 4-3-3 was brilliant man. Martins doing the leg work and Owen/Viduka poaching. Just imagine where it could have went if Keegan was backed that summer :(

• 2 weeks later...

That 4-3-3 was brilliant man. Martins doing the leg work and Owen/Viduka poaching. Just imagine where it could have went if Keegan was backed that summer :(

Yeah, but, but, the game had passed him by, had no idea what he was doing, wanted to spend 200 million pounds on Beckham and Henry /s

Guest Howaythetoon

I know they were England team-mates, but I wonder if they were ever that good of mates when they were playing? Personally I love their ‘double act’ and although Wright talks a lot of shite at times, you can’t help but like the bloke as he, like Wor Al, comes across as a genuine fella whether it’s football related or other stuff. Shearer since he retired as grown into the best pundit for me and a genuinely warm and funny personality. They should do a players reboot of Fantasy Football...