Should we get promoted who could we realistically get as manager in 2010/2011?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve McClaren. If we can look beyond his Boro years and his personality, I think he's still a really good manager. Moreover, he'll be looking for redemption after Croatia-gate and we could do with such a drive. He's also went abroad to refine his skills, which I respect. Thats exactly what Sir Bobby and Hodgson did. Anybody agree?

This sort of appointment is exactly why I always argue that it's pointless getting rid of relatively inexpensive managers who have been successful if all you have to replace them are big names who may well do a lot worse. McLaren had Stewart Downing at boro, picked him for England, then dropped him at the first sign of media pressure. If Chris Hughton is derided at Newcastle for being a coach, then what was McLaren when he made his name? Alex Ferguson's gofer would probably be the best description yet this tool managed England due to the lack of genuine managerial talent in this country. 

hopefully not keegan!

Chris H. will be given the change to keep us up....which is the right thing to do, even though i dont really like it! he is not good enough imo

how do we know he's not good enough?    I'd raterh take a punt on him continuing to develop than buy in some mercenary costing millions who will turn teh palce over again.............

• 3 weeks later...

Avram Grant, anyone?

Would be a very good appointment in my opinion. It will be Hughton though and to be fair to him he does look to be improving.

And he could bring that Belhadi bloke with him. O'hara from Tottenham didn't look too bad. Might improve our midfield.