A creative midfielder

Jordan

Would have none of the above mentioned, two all rounders is better imo. Barton could prove to be one of them. I'd go for someone like Reo Coker if we do go up, allowing Barton to move forward more.

Good god, NO!

Better than what we have.

Wouldn't cost that much either, and has a good engine and pace which for home games is important due to the big pitch. Just have to look at the 50 yards of space the Derby midfield had all to themselves to see that that urgently needs addressing.

Would love for our midfield to look something like this these days (if everyone were fit):

Pancrate - Guthrie - Barton - Jonas

Lots of pace, movement, and creativity in that midfield and Guthrie and Barton both have enough engine to track back.

One of Guthrie's main deficiencies is that he tires and fades out of the game.

agreed. soft as shit, not much engine to speak of and doesn't have the heart or aggression to impose himself in the middle. too introverted. definitely think he can do a job in the premiership but i wouldnt really want him to be first choice. still young though and has time to improve, which i hope he does cos he is very good on the ball, in fact probably the best at the club.

If we do get promoted, how about Elano from Galatasaray (the former City one)?

Not sure how realistic/unrealistic it would be. I am of course arrogantly assuming a player in Turkey would jump at the chance of playing in the Premiership again (probably to do with Anelka being desperate to come here and play for Sounses, despite Fenerbahce being a CL club).

Buy those type of players and you'll be a relegation scrap team. I'm not saying lets get a 10+ million pound player but like a Krancjar type player when he came to Portsmouth. He was relatively unknown. There's gotta be players like that out there.

If we do get promoted, how about Elano from Galatasaray (the former City one)?

Not sure how realistic/unrealistic it would be. I am of course arrogantly assuming a player in Turkey would jump at the chance of playing in the Premiership again (probably to do with Anelka being desperate to come here and play for Sounses, despite Fenerbahce being a CL club).

I think the truth is, although Hughton has done a good job, he isn't really the type that will make someone like Elano succeed. The best thing he can do IMO is focus on defence, get some athletic players and try to make us a counterattacking team. People won't like it, but we have to play ugly for a season or two.

Guest Heneage

I don't look at youtube vids of footballers anymore. Me and my housemates have watched a lot of Gijon games this season and have been very impressed with De Las Cuervas, he's a bit like Fabregas.

Have they been on telly much?

I don't look at youtube vids of footballers anymore. Me and my housemates have watched a lot of Gijon games this season and have been very impressed with De Las Cuervas, he's a bit like Fabregas.

Spanish? ???

Cesc is from Catalonia. O0

Loads mate. Just about every one of their away games has been televised. The ones that haven't I've watched online.

Guest Heneage

Loads mate. Just about every one of their away games has been televised. The ones that haven't I've watched online.

Ahh decent, can't say I know anything about them, just that Brum were after Michel.

Guest Stephen927

I call bullshit, what number does he wear for them?

This is the internet mate, info like that isn't exactly hard to get a hold of.

I know....Ronaldo knows what I am on about.

For next season, I'd like Milijas, Feghouli or Defour.

For now, Wilshere would be great but being up north and in the Championship really won't help us.

You realise we are not very good? Best we can hope is Wilshere on loan. If that's what you mean, apologies.

For next season, I'd like Milijas, Feghouli or Defour.

For now, Wilshere would be great but being up north and in the Championship really won't help us.

You realise we are not very good? Best we can hope is Wilshere on loan. If that's what you mean, apologies.

Yeah for January we'd struggle to get better than Wilshere. Hopefully, losing Coyle might stop Burnley's interest.