A creative midfielder

Jordan

Jimmy Bullard.

31 years old and on £50k+ a week, hardly sensible.

Why not? Cheap to buy and he'd keep us up if he could stay fit. Not saying he'd be my first choice, just a solid, realistic one.

He'd never make it onto the pitch and that isn't just because of his injuries either.

You could say that for pretty much any creative central midfielder that we could realistically get.

Why, do they all have the same lifestyle as Bullard?

Elaborate please.

He has a reputation for his lifestyle off the pitch. If he moved to Newcastle, I'm certain it'd be worse.

Jimmy Bullard.

31 years old and on £50k+ a week, hardly sensible.

Why not? Cheap to buy and he'd keep us up if he could stay fit. Not saying he'd be my first choice, just a solid, realistic one.

He'd never make it onto the pitch and that isn't just because of his injuries either.

You could say that for pretty much any creative central midfielder that we could realistically get.

Why, do they all have the same lifestyle as Bullard?

Elaborate please.

He has a reputation for his lifestyle off the pitch. If he moved to Newcastle, I'm certain it'd be worse.

As I said, 'If he could say fit'.

Agree with Montolivo

Pedro Mendes? He's a relegation scrap player, same as Bullard and Giovanni. With players like these, we'd be fighting for draws with Wigan and Bolton.

But without them, what then? Whatever happens, the first season will probably be a huge battle to stay up. If that's a success then there will be plenty to build on.

Guest Stephen927

What do people expect next season if we were to be promoted? We'd be in a relegation scrap, therefore the likes of Mendes will be all we can realistically sign.

I've heard that Ignacio Gonzales is canny.

Who, btw, is currently at Greek side Levidiakos (presently residing in the relegaion zone) - again with no appearances under his belt. Atleast he was worth it, eh Dennis? :lol:

Guest Heneage

I guess we're not all the Sporting Gijon (thanks Google :thup:) experts you are, Ronaldo. Please - enlighten us.

He's incredible. He's a midfielder and quite creative.

Youtube agrees with this. His video does suggest he's quite good.  :thup:

I guess we're not all the Sporting Gijon (thanks Google :thup:) experts you are, Ronaldo. Please - enlighten us.

He's incredible. He's a midfielder and quite creative.

Youtube agrees with this. His video does suggest he's quite good.  :thup:

Youtube says Beckford would score goals regardless of the opposition but Ronaldo assures me this is untrue. ;)

Diamanti or Milijas would be nice, Montolivo would be tremendous but he'd only come if we were playing in europe and could offer big wages.

mostly i think we need to look for solid midfielders who can pass and not be bullied physically or outmanoeuvred by quicker players. creative midfielders can sometimes be 'luxury players' that you can't rely on every game, like Geovanni at Hull. I'd say that atm Kevin Nolan is our 'luxury player' - he has to be carried by the rest of the side in the hope that he scores a goal. i don't think we'd last too long in the premiership with someone like Nolan in a 4-4-2. if you want to accomodate them you have to build the team around them imo to compensate for their weaknesses. so i'd just go for two solid central midfielders first of all and go for more creative wide & forward players - someone like Chris Eagles from Burnley would do a job out wide, or if we want to spend a bit Benitez from Birmingham up front.

I've heard that Ignacio Gonzales is canny.

Who, btw, is currently at Greek side Levidiakos (presently residing in the relegaion zone) - again with no appearances under his belt. Atleast he was worth it, eh Dennis? :lol:

the reason we signed Nacho was to get the best south american youngsters. we kept our end of the deal, so, errr, when do the agents fulfil their promise? football agents are usually trustworthy people so i can't imagine we were being conned by some shady latin americans and would never hear from them again.