A creative midfielder

Jordan

Would have none of the above mentioned, two all rounders is better imo. Barton could prove to be one of them. I'd go for someone like Reo Coker if we do go up, allowing Barton to move forward more.

Barton, are we really still flogging that dead horse?

We'll more than likely have f*** all to spend, Barton's a much better option than spunking 3/4m of much needed money on someone on the way down like some of the names already mentioned. Cleverley is a shout as he'll be free.

Barton is always injured, is paid way too much, and is a shockingly average player.

Not for Man City he wasn't.

I think the last 3 seasons are more relevant.

Would have none of the above mentioned, two all rounders is better imo. Barton could prove to be one of them. I'd go for someone like Reo Coker if we do go up, allowing Barton to move forward more.

Good god, NO!

Better than what we have.

We'll more than likely have f*** all to spend, Barton's a much better option than spunking 3/4m of much needed money on someone on the way down like some of the names already mentioned. Cleverley is a shout as he'll be free.

Barton is always injured, is paid way too much, and is a shockingly average player.

Alright, not for us under Keegan he wasn't. Last season was obviously a complete write off because of injury.

Alright, not for us under Keegan he wasn't. Last season was obviously a complete write off because of injury.

A tiny bit of form at the end of that season isn't enough. Owen and Viduka were good during that period aswell, but i wouldn't want them here next season.

Think we should just use what we've got at the moment. We've got Barton as a proven Premier League midfield player who can create something, the same goes for Nolan imo. And than we could just use Guthrie as well in his right position and I think he would just grow into a good creative midfielder.

Jimmy Bullard.

31 years old and on £50k+ a week, hardly sensible.

Why not? Cheap to buy and he'd keep us up if he could stay fit. Not saying he'd be my first choice, just a solid, realistic one.

He'd never make it onto the pitch and that isn't just because of his injuries either.

Bullard's just had his career fucked since that horror injury, gutting for him. Isn't he currently in the middle of another six-week lay off after what was, by and large, a totally innocuous event? From what i recall he jumped for a ball with another player and landed a bit awkwardly, and that was it, limped off - out for two months. He really is made of matchsticks.

Looked quality for Fulham when he first went there - big shame.

A tiny bit of form at the end of that season isn't enough. Owen and Viduka were good during that period aswell, but i wouldn't want them here next season.

Viduka's finished, and Owen had all season to show he could be valuable to us, and failed.

Jimmy Bullard.

Why not? Cheap to buy and he'd keep us up if he could stay fit. Not saying he'd be my first choice, just a solid, realistic one.

He'd never make it onto the pitch and that isn't just because of his injuries either.

You could say that for pretty much any creative central midfielder that we could realistically get.

Jimmy Bullard.

You could say that for pretty much any creative central midfielder that we could realistically get.

Why, do they all have the same lifestyle as Bullard?

I think we are going to have to go foreign and take a gamble.  There is no way we are going to buy someone from our leagues who is going to be good enough.

Brings me to my first choice: Miguel de las Cuevas.

Jimmy Bullard.

Why, do they all have the same lifestyle as Bullard?

Elaborate please.

Viduka's finished, and Owen had all season to show he could be valuable to us, and failed.

I would argue that Barton is finished, atleast at this club, his injury record is enough for me to want him to leave. I've never particularly rated him as a player either, i just see him as another clogger, his passing has always been shockingly overrated, i was warned about it by a City fan before he came and so far he has been 100% correct. He certainly can't be described as creative.

Jimmy Bullard.

His wages would be high, isn't he on 60k a week now? even if he dropped down a lot it would still be way too much for us imo.

Great player though plus an amazing character for the dressing room morale if he did come.  Shame he has a horrendous injury record and for that reason I wouldn't sign him, even if we could.