Will Barton's return lead to better football?

TRon

Again, where's the mouthful to Chris Hughton? It's media-driven nonsense.

Give me 11 players who'd be unhappy and even angry not to play, we'd all be laughing.

The mouthful was all in the bust up which at the time it came out people were saying it happened before the press. I have no idea where your from but you more often than not know when a press story is totally made up and when there is something in it. There was something in that story and again it wasn't for the first time. A few months earlier he did it to Alan Shearer if you remember after he got himself sent off and then let his mouth go.

What did he say to Shearer, that his tactics were s****?

Somebody should have told him sooner.

Quiet Friday afternoon and that, I wondered what Barton has cost us in context (actually not in context at all, using an arbitrary transfer fee, that doesn't account for their salary or what we recouped in outbound transfer fees, or whether they'll play more games.  Either way though)....

Luque - £9.5m, 21 appearances (£452,380.95 per game)

Marcelino - £6.7m, 17 appearances (£374,117.65 per game)

Cort - £7m, 22 appearances (£318,181.82 per game)

Owen - £16m, 71 appearances (£225,352.11 per game)

Viana - £8.5m, 39 appearances (£217,948.72 per game)

Bassedas - £4.1m, 24 appearances (£170,833 per game)

Boumsong £8m, 47 appearances (£170,212.77 per game)

Coloccini - £10.3m, 62 appearances (£166,129.03 per game)

Maric - £3.6m, 23 appearances (£156,521.74 per game)

Barton - £5.8m, 38 appearances (£152,631.57 per game)

Goma - £4.7m, 33 appearances (£142,424.24 per game)

Smith - £6m, 67 appearances (£89,552.24 per game)

if we finish top he needs to play in every single game we have left to qualify for a winners medal

How many games he would need for that?

Think we should also play players like Krul or Kadar and some other young players to get them a winners medal then.

Not excited about this at all, he has showed nothing since he came, injured all the time too.

I would love for him to find form and play well and stay out of bother but this is the real world where miracles do not happen.

Not excited about this at all, he has showed nothing since he came, injured all the time too.

I would love for him to find form and play well and stay out of bother but this is the real world where miracles do not happen.

Except it wouldn't be a miracle, as he's been a decent enough player when he's been on the pitch for us, and he was a good player before he came here.

Except it wouldn't be a miracle, as he's been a decent enough player when he's been on the pitch for us, and he was a good player before he came here.

Decent for us ?

if we finish top he needs to play in every single game we have left to qualify for a winners medal

How many games he would need for that?

Think we should also play players like Krul or Kadar and some other young players to get them a winners medal then.

not sure on the exact figure-read it on simon birds column this week but its 10 for the prem i know that. exceptions can also be obtained to get medals i believe

Decent for us ?

Yes, when he's been on the pitch obviously. He was miles better at City, where he once was their best player. But he's hardly been our worst midfielder when he's been on the pitch.

Decent for us ?

Yes, when he's been on the pitch obviously. He was miles better at City, where he once was their best player. But he's hardly been our worst midfielder when he's been on the pitch.

I think he has been a total disinterested mess for us, yeah okay at times he was played out of positiion but that doe snot mean he was okay to play the way he did.

He has showed nowhere near the form he was in a City, nowhere near the desire either.

Will be interesting to see If Hughton will have the balls to drop Nolan who Is clearly the weakest of our midfield at the moment. Player of the year my arse

Word up.

People I speak to think I have an irrational dislike of Nolan. Truth is, he's not very good.

Decent for us ?

I think he has been a total disinterested mess for us, yeah okay at times he was played out of positiion but that doe snot mean he was okay to play the way he did.

He has showed nowhere near the form he was in a City, nowhere near the desire either.

He's been unfit most of his time here, which isn't really his fault so I don't blame him for that. He's on massive wages, but that's not really his fault either, is it? Been nothing wrong with his desire when he's played, imo. He's been under par for some performances, but he's in general not been bad, but by all means he's not been good either. Just decent enough.

I think and hope that he will get close to his City form if he can get a run without injuries and start paying us back for his wages, I have no doubt he wants to play good for us.

In Houghtons latest Barton interview he says that 'Guthrie' has played well in the central midfield but he would like Barton to be involved if fit so it looks as though Guthrie would make way and not Nolan.