The old Chris Hughton discussion thread

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/10/10/bully-boys-won-t-put-ben-arfa-off-79310-27439088/2/

However, boss Chris Hughton’s decision to make an eight-hour round trip by car on Wednesday to see Ben Arfa has come in for special praise.

“It has been difficult for Hatem. Imagine anyone in that situation – settling into a new country where he doesn’t know the language and then he has an emergency operation within a few weeks of moving,” Stainrod said.

“It’s been hard, but Newcastle United have been so keen to look after him – I can’t praise them enough.

“The fact that Chris Hughton worked a full day at Newcastle but then still went to see him in Manchester says a lot. It is the mark of the man and the club as well.”

8-hour round trip? It takes me 2 hours, 10 minutes to get down to Manchester.

Only if you go when there's little traffic and drive like an idiot.

Do you drive a Micra? The only delays occur in North Yorkshire. The rest of the journey is straighforward, even at fairly busy times.

Nope. You're either not driving into the middle of Manchester or are talking bollocks.

Well it would for most people and it should for you considering you should be banned.

Doesn't he have a specially modified set-up with one of those blue-badges? Probably exempt from a lot of things, like speeding.

2h 48 min via Michelin

2h 56 via AA

Take your pick

That's Bramhall to Cullercoats

Bramhall to M60 can be as little as 7 min. depending on traffic so that's still approx. 2h 40 ... take off 10 - 15 min for the Coast Road and that's about 2h 25 (which is more or less what I do it in)

Chris of course would miss the Cullercoats bit out but have to add extra for schlepping through the city / Fallowfield / Chorlton (whichever way picked) to get onto Oxford Road for the MRI.

All in all ... I say he took 8 hours with a short stop to give Ben Arfa some Maltesers a Sprite and a kiss before getting lost in the Chorlton Street Bus station (p)leisure oasis.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2010/10/10/bully-boys-won-t-put-ben-arfa-off-79310-27439088/2/

However, boss Chris Hughtons decision to make an eight-hour round trip by car on Wednesday to see Ben Arfa has come in for special praise.

It has been difficult for Hatem. Imagine anyone in that situation settling into a new country where he doesnt know the language and then he has an emergency operation within a few weeks of moving, Stainrod said.

Its been hard, but Newcastle United have been so keen to look after him I cant praise them enough.

The fact that Chris Hughton worked a full day at Newcastle but then still went to see him in Manchester says a lot. It is the mark of the man and the club as well.

8-hour round trip? It takes me 2 hours, 10 minutes to get down to Manchester.

Only if you go when there's little traffic and drive like an idiot.

I can vouch for that.

I drive like an idiot and would struggle to get from Newcastle to Manchester in 2 hours 10 minutes.  After work you would be stuck in traffic to get out of Newcastle and the roads would be bad until well after Durham where you sometimes can't do even 40 on the A1.  You would get stuck in heavy traffic again when you get anywhere near Leeds and the traffic is heavy all along the M60.

Getting down in 2 hours 10 minutes during the night wouldn’t be too much of a challenge but Hughton is unlikely to have travelled during the night.

I drive like an idiot and would struggle to get from Newcastle to Manchester in 2 hours 10 minutes.  After work you would be stuck in traffic to get out of Newcastle and the roads would be bad until well after Durham where you sometimes can't do even 40 on the A1.  You would get stuck in heavy traffic again when you get anywhere near Leeds and the traffic is heavy all along the M60.

Getting down in 2 hours 10 minutes during the night wouldn’t be too much of a challenge but Hughton is unlikely to have travelled during the night.

At the moment there are shitloads of roadworks and if he travelled at any time between about 2pm to 6.30pm it could well have taken him about 4 hours, especially considering he'll be going into central manchester to get to the MRI.

Driving before 2pm or after 6.30pm on a weekday when there were no roadworks I can do Gosforth to East Didsbury in about 2 hours 10 mins but I do speed quite a bit. 

I do it twice a week. And I'm in ronaldos camp. takes me just over 2 hours.

So wait. What the hell are people banging on about about here? Whether Hughton spent 5 minutes or 3 hours 40 with the lad?

Whatever.

Great stuff Chris. Love the way he puts the extra mile in. Literaly. :clap2: :smitten: