Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Honestly I would've preferred a random ex-player with no management experience. A Klinsmann-esque appointment.

Maybe we could've given the job to Michael Owen or Owen Hargreaves. They're both inspirational commentators after all.

Guest firetotheworks

It's comfortably the worst appointment in my lifetime. Even Graham Taylor nearly won the league at one point and McClaren had had a decent cup run with Middlesboro and was the knee-jerk reaction to the perceived pitfalls in having a foreign manager. Allardyce has achieved absolutely nothing, got nowhere near to achieving anything on any level and moans about not getting a chance at Real Madrid or Barca despite having been given fair cracks of the whip, with a good budget, at Newcastle, Blackburn and West Ham and supporters of all couldn't stand him, the way his teams played, and the position he left them in. He's been living off this idea of getting bad teams playing good football and getting good results since 2007, despite moving onto bigger and better teams since then and turning every one of them into relegation fodder, presumably so that he can then get the plaudits when 'he' saves them from the drop.

It's just funny, Sunderland fans should be absolutely delighted.

Is it because we're biased? What with Slug-head managing the Mackems? I just can't get my head around this appointment tbh, it just smacks of appointing someone solely based on them being English. That said, supporters of other teams where I work are adamant that they think he's achieved enough through managing the teams he has in to decent positions with no real backing and shit players. He's never won anything but he's 'stable' is what I'm told and 'he deserves a chance to manage decent players and see what he can do' is something else thrown my way. Personally, I just see him as uninspirational. His setup is shit and usually boring as fuck, he's achieved precisely bugger all so I can't see why any player of worth would take him seriously and I just think it's a joke that the FA would rather appoint a complete cunt like him instead of someone who's actually won things... and that's before anyone even mentions the whole linkup with corruption that he has in his past.

Sadly, I actually don't want England to win anything or improve under him now and I'll actively be supporting opposition just because I want the odious cunt to fail... which with my luck will probably see him win the world cup!

Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck!  :tickedoff:

what the fuck has this guy ever actually achieved as player or a manager.

Don't get many other managers hiding inside the ground whilst his team play a friendly tbf.

what the fuck has this guy ever actually achieved as player or a manager.

Fuck all, not a fucking thing - to be honest he's probably not even won a game of FIFA or Football Manager. To be exact, it shows that the FA are still a bunch of complete and utter bell-ends.

Statement: Sam Allardyce

Naturally we are aware of the intense media speculation this evening, however, at the present time Sam Allardyce remains Sunderland manager.

We share in the anger and frustration of our supporters and would like to assure them that we are working to conclude the matter in the best interests of Sunderland AFC.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2016/july/statement-on-allardyce

Is it because we're biased? What with Slug-head managing the Mackems? I just can't get my head around this appointment tbh, it just smacks of appointing someone solely based on them being English. That said, supporters of other teams where I work are adamant that they think he's achieved enough through managing the teams he has in to decent positions with no real backing and shit players. He's never won anything but he's 'stable' is what I'm told and 'he deserves a chance to manage decent players and see what he can do' is something else thrown my way. Personally, I just see him as uninspirational. His setup is shit and usually boring as fuck, he's achieved precisely bugger all so I can't see why any player of worth would take him seriously and I just think it's a joke that the FA would rather appoint a complete cunt like him instead of someone who's actually won things... and that's before anyone even mentions the whole linkup with corruption that he has in his past.

Sadly, I actually don't want England to win anything or improve under him now and I'll actively be supporting opposition just because I want the odious cunt to fail... which with my luck will probably see him win the world cup!

Fuck, fuck, fuckity, fuck, fuck!  :tickedoff:

I just cannot comprehend how this attitude still persists in a world where Claudio Ranieri wandered into Leicester and casually won the Premier League by 10 points. Even Allardyce being fucked off out of West Ham only for them to dramatically improve almost overnight couldn't touch his reputation.

Like Pardew, he's absolutely Teflon. A Proper Football Man.

Naturally we are aware of the intense media speculation this evening, however, at the present time Sam Allardyce remains Sunderland manager.

We share in the anger and frustration of our supporters and would like to assure them that we are working to conclude the matter in the best interests of Sunderland AFC.

Surely they must have known he was buggering off early tonight, he can't have just done that off his own back. :lol:

Surely they must have known he was buggering off early tonight, he can't have just done that off his own back. :lol:

wouldn't surprise me if he did just decide ah fuck it I'm going to the pub to celebrate what are they going to do to him he's off anyway tomorrow.

Are they saying one thing and thinking another?

I do hate him, but not really for his time with us. It's just a general cunty thing.

I despise Pardew and McLaren far more, I don't think Allardyce would have put up with Ashley's bollocks. The man is a bully, probably one of the main reasons Ashley got rid.

safc should be fucking delighted. getting paid milions to lose the cunt.

they should have been scouting a new manager as soon as woy left the england job.

its left their preseason a bit of a shambles and not a lot of time to get a new manager and above all else, Allerdyce was a fairly safe bet to have them boringly lower mid-table in no real relegation trouble which would be a major improvement on their previous strategy of somehow escape when all hope seems lost, neat trick but you can't keep getting away with it.