Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Guest chopey

I just think international football is about putting a team together that wants to play together, our players are coached every day by Pep, Jose, Wenga, poch and Klopp we don't actually need a fantastic coach just a bloke that can make the players want to play their country. I still think that Peter Taylor should have kept the job before Sven (making Beckham captain was inspired). My only fear is that Big Sam will think he is super coach and try and re-coach the players and change there club positions, but if he keeps it simple and low profile he might just pull it off.

So many people have this warped view of allardyce. I'll bring back his "Allardici" comment - if he didn't look and sound like he does, people wouldn't label him as a Dinosaur and as a joke. As a Bolton fan, 1999-2006 was the most incredible journey with him at the helm.he championed sports science as soon as he joined Bolton, revolutionizing the way they trained, analyzed and performed. He'll take no shit and turn these underachieving players into a genuine force. I have no doubt he'll be one of the best England managers behind Bobby and Alf.

Saw this comment on reddit  :lol:

I just think international football is about putting a team together that wants to play together, our players are coached every day by Pep, Jose, Wenga, poch and Klopp we don't actually need a fantastic coach just a bloke that can make the players want to play their country. I still think that Peter Taylor should have kept the job before Sven (making Beckham captain was inspired). My only fear is that Big Sam will think he is super coach and try and re-coach the players and change there club positions, but if he keeps it simple and low profile he might just pull it off.

I'm pretty sure success in international football requires more than "a bloke who can make the players want to play for their country", in fact I'm not sure what that even means. It sounds like the sound of jingoistic bollocks you hear on 606 after England have been tactically outclassed by a smaller nation again.

Love the distinct lack of articles by respected journalists addressing Allardyce being named manager. No one wants to be address the elephant hippo in the room here, I guess.

What a joke.

If there is one thing nearly as big as his head, it's his mouth, so it's only a matter of time before he comes up with some Allardici level comments. You can't even justify his appointment on the grounds of "safe for PR", admittedly important for the national side(*).

(*) See Glenn Hoddle.

Guest chopey

I'm pretty sure success in international football requires more than "a bloke who can make the players want to play for their country", in fact I'm not sure what that even means. It sounds like the sound of jingoistic bollocks you hear on 606 after England have been tactically outclassed by a smaller nation again.

I just mean motivating players to do their best for England, I can't see the point of constantly seeing the negative in every thing you don't agree with.