Sam Allardyce

Thespence

Listening to Radio 5 Live first thing this morning and they wheel out Custis the Sun Sports Reporter to comment on this cunts appointment.

Quite unbelievable hoop licking. Like, beyond ridiculous, how much credit he was giving him.

The tabloids are going to be very pro. Can only hope he gets off to a losing start and they all slowly turn.

Talksport was much the same.  I keep hearing "well, he deserves his chance."  Based on what?  He's managed a load of mediocre teams, had one decent finish in his whole top level career, his teams play turgid football, I would guess he averages well below 50% possession and he's never won fuck all?

Shouldn't an international manager be experienced at the very top level, or be a former player, with the potential to get it right?  Not someone that just screams out, 'average'.

I'm done with the national side.  What a complete and utter farce this appointment is.  Not that I was ever massively patriotic about England in the first place.  It's going to be impossible for me now. 

I genuinely think I would have preferred Pardew as manager, over Allardyce or Bruce.  But then again, that is like saying would you prefer a dog shit sandwich, cat shit roll or an infected spinal column in a bap (I should have said baguette).

So basically the majority of the squad will be players drawn from clubs with Mourinho, Klopp, Pochettino, Wenger and Guardiola as manager - can you imagine a 2-week break from that to "land ball on Kane's head and get stuck in"? I'm more interested to see the damage that he can do to those squads when he gets their English players in his large, sweaty bucket-hands. In terms of predictability of failure, this ranks alongside McClaren to us.

i think the FA think they're getting a tactical innovator because he sometimes takes a shot-to-fuck CB and plays him as a DM to good effect

guess the plan will be prime-Bolton allardyce, nullify better teams when we meet them through sam's 'genius' and hope to steal a goal

i think the FA think they're getting a tactical innovator because he sometimes takes a shot-to-fuck CB and plays him as a DM to good effect

guess the plan will be prime-Bolton allardyce, nullify better teams when we meet them through sam's 'genius' and hope to steal a goal

DM?

His plan B when he was at Blackburn used to be to stick Chris Samba as centre forward. :lol: They'd not change the gameplan, it would just be a case of lumping it towards someone slightly taller than they had been earlier.

DM?

His plan B when he was at Blackburn used to be to stick Chris Samba as centre forward. :lol: They'd not change the gameplan, it would just be a case of lumping it towards someone slightly taller than they had been earlier.

moving the german lad into DM last season no?  playing that spaniard the same way for bolton years ago, and so on, he seems to get lauded for that tactical masterstroke

Maybe Sam is planning on building an even bigger spanish villa with his (inevitable) pay off from the FA!

Apparently Sam has also had to block Jermaine Defoes number on his phone.

Hope he picks Andy Carroll rather than pumping long balls to Sturridge or someone.  He needs to do him. 

Overall this sends out a bad message to English managers.  Would rather they went with Warburton or any British manager that tries to play a distinctive footballing.  Even a British Martinez.  This says you have a shot of being England manager if stink up the PL for 15 years and just survive. 

Big Sam as manager for England  :lol:

I would love to be a fly on the wall when the went to the pros and cons. :ructions:

Pro list:

ENGLISH

Not Bruce or Pardew

Con list:

Everything else

i think the FA think they're getting a tactical innovator because he sometimes takes a shot-to-f*** CB and plays him as a DM to good effect

DM?

moving the german lad into DM last season no?  playing that spaniard the same way for bolton years ago, and so on, he seems to get lauded for that tactical masterstroke

Dier has got this covered. Though it would be great to see Cahill/Smalling moved there as part of his master plan.

Carroll/Defoe for World Cup glory. Get Crouchy back too...is Geoff Horsfield still alive?...or patriate John Hartson.

Guest firetotheworks

I really wish ill on Danny Mills.  Utter cunt.

He's got the arrogance to ignorance ratio down to a tee.

I'm certainly not a fan but this theory that he just lumps it to a big man surely went out of the window last year when Sunderland finished the season very strongly playing Defoe up front by himself?

He didn't want to play Defoe initially, in fact he was critical and said in the modern game you couldn't play up front if you were just a goalscorer. Then after he came off the bench to score some crucial goals, he backtracked and started slurping Defoe's bum like ice cream.

Then of course he couldn't jump ship from his local sunderland quick enough when England came calling so it's not as if he fancied his chances long term there either.

I'm certainly not a fan but this theory that he just lumps it to a big man surely went out of the window last year when Sunderland finished the season very strongly playing Defoe up front by himself?

They've just been lumping it forward and hoping Defoe can feed off the second ball instead.

im sure safc will welcome him back with open arms after he cochs up the england gig.

almost certain of this.

Looks like they'll get Moyes now so I don't think so. I'm not the biggest Moyes fan, but as far as British managers go, he's light years ahead of Allardyce.