Sam Allardyce

Thespence

I don't rate Moyes at all, so I'm not arsed about Sunderland. But the FA continually impress me with their ability to make the England team less and less likeable. You thought they had maxed out on dislikeability after that Euros? You thought wrong marra, it's fat Sam time.

Mark Noble "Allardyce has never been relegated, so that shows he knows how to get a team winning"

:dowie:

:serious:

:lol:

The logic of some.

This really is devastating news for any forward-thinking England supporter. An incredibly terrible appointment. When will the FA learn?

So glad I don't really care for International football :lol:

What a terrible appointment.

Hilarious for the mackems though, they've been practicing long balls all summer and it's been for nothing. No signings, no manager and the season about 3 weeks away.

Just like Moyes won't play long balls :lol:

Couldn't give a fuck about England anymore after that Iceland game, so this is funny to me. Could only be topped by Pardew appointed.

I actually think though he won't be as bad as people think. He will be more certain about what formation and line up than Hodgson ever was. He would have done a better job at Euro 2016.

I can't think of a worse appointment as an England manager. Sland have come out of this with a right result.

Andy Carroll can expect a recall and we'll have a team where height will be more important than ability in every position with a midfield built on stopping to opposition playing as the primary aim. In possession players will be instructed to belt the ball into predetermined zones on the counter attack.

The result will be that we'll beat Iceland but will get embarrassed by good sides.

Horrendous

Guest ElCid

Terrible manager - no wonder England are shit all the time when they keep appointing people of this standard

I can only imagine that the logic here is:

"We've tried to pick good managers, but we just keep getting worse.  Should we try to pick the worst possible manager and see if the reverse happens?"