Sam Allardyce

Thespence

FA board consisting of 12...get that 12! all considered him to ve the best man for the job. That's not incompetence..that's taking the p***.

Think even Lee Clark would have been a better option

"The British press, like it or not, are probably the most intensely passionate about the game in the world and that has a spill-over effect," he said.

"The consequence of which is people probably play not to make a mistake, as opposed to play to win.

"So the new manager's got to be someone who can inspire people to get the best out of themselves."

Yup, Allardyce totally fits that bill.

Dont really know what the FA are thinking like but in some ways I see why he could be a pretty good choice but only because I se it in the way that England are pretty shit and full of one dimensional players who only have one or two good attributes then thats it. The only players who have a decent set of attributes are probably Smalling, Rooney, Sturridge and Barkley and none of them are world class the rest just stand out for their clubs because they fit an ideal role. Allardyce knows how to set a team up and get players to perform to their best qualities so I think would be good in a tournament type scenario, I just dont reckon the FA thought it through like that though.

Think it was Wullie that nailed it, he'll stutter along to qualification where the FA will just hope he makes us hard to beat and he does a Greece or Portugal.

Yet they don't seem to realise the calibre of manager that it even took to manage those victories.

Otto Rehhagel has three Bundesliga titles and a European trophy, amongst a host of other cups

Fernando Santos has a Portuguese league title and several other trophies.

Sam Allardyce finished 6th once then got knocked out of Europe early.

He's an egotistical cunt, which is probably something we need in an England manager in my opinion. Someone who just does what he thinks is best, because he's a strong-willed individual.

There's a slight downfall of this theory though, given what Sam Allardyce thinks is best, is undoubtedly terrible in every way.