Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

Watford fan at works says he is excellent in the air, very composed on the floor and a complete c**t for the way he left. Reckons £1m is a bargain and can't wait to abuse the fuck out of h if he does sign.

Sounds good.

GG

Do you think Williamson will be a success here?

I hope you go into administration and he sits on the bench and never gets paid, again. Though I'm sure he'll do well for you, he naturally fitted into, lead and exponentially improved our defence from his first game; I don't doubt that he's very good. Also note that Wycombe fans, when he left for us, said they rated him higher than Roger Johnson, who's something of a success at Birmingham right now...

Watford fan at works says he is excellent in the air, very composed on the floor and a complete c**t for the way he left. Reckons £1m is a bargain and can't wait to abuse the fuck out of h if he does sign.

Oh shit, yeah, hope he starts for you lot at the Vic, that'd make up for Liarcunt leaving before our home game with Reading.

It is more likely that our midfield will be outplayed than it is that both of our central defenders will go out injured again.

But its only an issue if we're not looking to sort that area out aswell, lets hope we are. I tend to doubt it though.

Right wing is probably our best chance of a midfield signing, but thatd pretty much make pancrate a complete waste.

IMO it's a far bigger threat to promotion that we have no defensive cover than the risk that the midfield which has us top of the table and has enough cover will suddenly not be good enough to keep us there. Plus the chances that we would get anyone to actually improve the midfield for the money we are going to be spending is remote.

I know nothing about this bloke, but under the circumstances I'm happy enough that we're getting in this level of player as backup in an area where we are most vulnerable from any injuries.

Since we brought in Pancrate, I seriously doubt we're even looking at any more midfielders tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

GG

Do you think Williamson will be a success here?

I hope you go into administration and he sits on the bench and never gets paid, again. Though I'm sure he'll do well for you, he naturally fitted into, lead and exponentially improved our defence from his first game; I don't doubt that he's very good. Also note that Wycombe fans, when he left for us, said they rated him higher than Roger Johnson, who's something of a success at Birmingham right now...

Hopefully people will now be happy about this? Can see this being a good transfer for us and not just for this year. Theres worse who will play more in the Prem next season.

Is Mike Williamson's transfer from Watford to Portsmouth the worst in English football history?  :rolleyes:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22012010/58/premier-league-worst-signing.html

Thats a shocking article, typically lazy shite. Still i can think of a few who would fall for it ;D

Agree there - completely fails to take into account the fact that the world has fell out from under Portsmouth financially to the point that they apparently couldn't play him due to having to pay more to Watford and they still haven't paid the initial fee.  There are a lot of poor transfers that have cost clubs more (Veron, Shevchenko) but think this is more of a backdoor Anti-Newcastle article saying 'look the thick Geordies have just signed the worst player in history'.

It is more likely that our midfield will be outplayed than it is that both of our central defenders will go out injured again.

But its only an issue if we're not looking to sort that area out aswell, lets hope we are. I tend to doubt it though.

Right wing is probably our best chance of a midfield signing, but thatd pretty much make pancrate a complete waste.

IMO it's a far bigger threat to promotion that we have no defensive cover than the risk that the midfield which has us top of the table and has enough cover will suddenly not be good enough to keep us there. Plus the chances that we would get anyone to actually improve the midfield for the money we are going to be spending is remote.

I know nothing about this bloke, but under the circumstances I'm happy enough that we're getting in this level of player as backup in an area where we are most vulnerable from any injuries.

Since we brought in Pancrate, I seriously doubt we're even looking at any more midfielders tbh.

True. Ashley will have given so much in funds for team strengthening and Hughton spent the midfield budget on Pancrate. The fact that he isn't starting is his problem, as far as Ashley is concerned Hughton was backed.

It'll be nice to have someone who is really imposing and dominant in the air, back there. S. Taylor looks like he should be, but isn't really that kind of defender in reality, and Colo isn't at all that type.

I'm actually excited about this signing, such has the lack of signings been. Really though, I'm optimistic. There have been a lot of centre backs coming out of the championship and doing well lately. Fingers crossed he does well, not just this seaon, but also next should we make the step up.

Agree mostly im happy with the transfer, but the midfield is equally as questionable to me. The midfield we're talking about has suddenly let a gap of 12 points fall to 3 against the side below us, things can change. I think we may clearly be settling with what we have in that area now yeah, whether thats good enough to keep us at the top is questionable. The revolving door of Nolan/Smith/Butt doesnt look to be the best in the league & our defence are taking a lot more on in recent games because of it. How we use Barton/Guthrie could solve it all obviously, but theyre probably going to be overlooked Milner style again. Id like someone brought in to shake things up, obviously wont happen unfortunately you're right.

Not really excited about this deal....dont know him at all tbf!

but 26 years old and he cannot get into a weak pompey side :undecided:

Would prefer we signed someone younger with more potential to improve in skills and value. but that would probably cost twice as much, i know!

hope he surprises me.....though im not that optimistic!

cover for LB is important though!

Would prefer we signed someone younger with more potential to improve in skills and value. but that would probably cost twice as much, i know!

He didn't get into a pompey side because of the fact they couldn't afford to play him.

Have you even read the thread?

He didn't play to save them paying an appearance fee for him.

:lol:

Really? Tell me you've done this on purpose please?!

It's still fucking stupid. You're telling me the deal was £x up front and the rest paid if he makes one league appearance? No wonder they're financially fucked.

Suspect it's more likely the three clubs in a season rule, tbh. Who knows. He didn't even make an appearance in the cups, man, so there's definitely something up.

It's still fucking stupid. You're telling me the deal was £x up front and the rest paid if he makes one league appearance? No wonder they're financially fucked.

Suspect it's more likely the three clubs in a season rule, tbh. Who knows. He didn't even make an appearance in the cups, man, so there's definitely something up.

Well even still, who signs a player and goes "woah hold on there, if we play him, we can't sell him, better hold fire on that one. £2m well spent boys." Granted they probably realised 2 or 3 weeks after he signed that they were fucked and then decided not to play him, but still.