Mike Williamson (now managing MK Dons)

Ritchie

I'm asking that question because we're one injury away from playing James Perch and two injuries away from another Norwich-type debacle.

I'm more than willing to cut them a bit of slack and was especially delighted with the signing of Cisse, but they're really neglecting that area of the squad for the sake of a few quid that we may end up losing in lost revenue for finishing a few places further down the table.  It's another gamble basically.

If we sign someone then fair play but if we don't then I don't think it's anything to be so casual about personally.  There's no point ripping your hair out but it's a big concern.

Perch is a better footballer than Williamson IMO.

So's Hatem Ben Arfa but I wouldn't play either of them at centre half.

I'm asking that question because we're one injury away from playing James Perch and two injuries away from another Norwich-type debacle.

I suppose that's true, but we already have our first choice CB out, first and second for the last game. I just don't think you can plan your squad based on having three or four CBs missing at once. Not many squads can cope with that, nor would they be expected to.

I would be happier if we signed someone else though obviously, you're right about the short-term situation.

Most squads would have a kid to bring in though I reckon, rather than playing a Championship full back in that position. We're clearly, for whatever reason, not going to put Kadar in there and therefore someone must come in. If we go Blackburn on Wednesday with Perch at centre half, somebody wants shooting.

Worry about Aston Villa's pace against Williamson. I have never really been a big fan of Williamson but he can definitely hold his own in the air, not bad positionally and is strong but if N'zog, agbonlahor, bent make some runs, he could well get done

Worry about Aston Villa's pace against Williamson. I have never really been a big fan of Williamson but he can definitely hold his own in the air, not bad positionally and is strong but if N'zog, agbonlahor, bent make some runs, he could well get done

Was fine last season and got two assists. Villa will be shitting themselves.

With Williamson back in the side, we've kept 4 clean sheets out of 6 - one of those two games we conceded in was the deflected effort against Brighton.

For whatever reason, both him and Steve Taylor have bought into Pardew's way of running the defence and it's paying dividends. Colo + Krul are obviously a big part of the defensive unit, but we have had decent defensive performances/results regardless of the other CB/LB, it seems as though Simpson keeps his place based on how he's performed at the back.

With Williamson back in the side, we've kept 4 clean sheets out of 6 - one of those two games we conceded in was the deflected effort against Brighton.

For whatever reason, both him and Steve Taylor have bought into Pardew's way of running the defence and it's paying dividends. Colo + Krul are obviously a big part of the defensive unit, but we have had decent defensive performances/results regardless of the other CB/LB, it seems as though Simpson keeps his place based on how he's performed at the back.

It's amazing Williamson has only faced quick forwards in his entire career over the last few games  :hmm:

Guest reefatoon

His names too long to fit into a song Mike Williamson, Mike Williamson.

To the tune of ' he's here, he's there, he's everyfucking where'

Had this going in the Gallowgate back row yesterday.

Yeah, i just about heard both of you.

Yeah, i just about heard both of you.

It was just me.

:lol: brilliant, definitely having a few go's at this at spurs

Thought Bent targetted making runs between him and Simpson, after getting no change from Colo.  Let him in behind too often and played him onside on numerous occassions.  Bent makes great runs TBF though and gives better centre backs a tough time.

I like Williamson, but he's looking pretty shakey and nervy every game now.  High line affecting his game?

Guest Heneage

He's not good enough for the aspirations we have. He's one that I'd look at selling in the summer if we can or demote him to 4th choice.

I don't think he's horrible, he just gets shown up against the better players. We know his limitations, but I think he's decent enough cover.

A decent enough cover will step in and do a good job, this is the second time we concede 5 with him having a shocker. 4th choice at least.

Massively massively overrated. Wish he'd stop turning his back too. Its a football ffs. How much can it hurt?

Dont agree with the first part. He is our back up CB and thats how I rated him. He is effective against teams playing a certain way but is hopeless when theres too much movement and pace from the striker or when people are running at him.

However, I totally agree with you on the second part and it really p*ssed me off to see him do that. I have seen Sunday league defenders front up to a shot at goal. Quite frankly embarrassing for a PL defender to turn his back on the shot. I somehow recall that I have seen him do this before.

He reacts slowly and is much too slow to recover.

I think Taylor would have cut out at least one of the crosses for the first two goals where Williamson soon fell behind the play. Taylor would also have made a better attempt at blocking the third.  The pen shout showed we still had a glimmer at two down, but it was game over at 3-0.