Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

From a QPR supporting friend from another board:

On his day, great. His day's are few and far between though. I predict he'll play very well for you for the next month and then fade away. But you only really need him to ensure you go up, and then you'll replace him with better, so can't see how it can fail for your team.

As for why we sold him. It's Flavio and Co, so I have no idea :sorry: Less than 1m is still a profit on what we paid and I believe we get another half million when you go up. Other clauses as well, but I don't think he'll play enough times for us to get that money.

The lad is 25 and had 8 clubs doesnt that strike anyone as a bit worrying

Very. Never got off the bench for Portsmouth either, which nobody has given us an adequate reason for.

Not sure but I went to OT with a few mates (they're united fans) when they were playing pompey so I agreed to tag along, Routledge was on the bench that night and pompey were s***, however he came on 2nd half as a sub quite early on and he was easily their best player by quite some distance..

No idea why Ferguson got rid of him tbh.

On his day, great. His day's are few and far between though. I predict he'll play very well for you for the next month and then fade away. But you only really need him to ensure you go up, and then you'll replace him with better, so can't see how it can fail for your team.

As for why we sold him. It's Flavio and Co, so I have no idea :sorry: Less than 1m is still a profit on what we paid and I believe we get another half million when you go up. Other clauses as well, but I don't think he'll play enough times for us to get that money.

Play very well for us for the next month? Is that supposed to be a negative? Have people watched Newcastle going forward at all this season?

We were the right club for Bellamy, we just had the wrong manager.

Why do people apologise for Bellamy's behaviour? He is a well paid arsehole who doesn't know when or how to behave. Never has and never will. If you think feigning injury cos you're in the huff with the manager is acceptable then you need you head read. Souness was an arsehole, no doubt of it. Bellamy can't be excused on that basis though. Nb: Cant abide the little hunchbacked tosser for what he is and what he did.

Is that supposed to be a negative?

No in the short term, but yes in the long run.

Is that supposed to be a negative?

No in the short term, but yes in the long run.

No player is brilliant every single game. He will be just fine in the long run.

We were the right club for Bellamy, we just had the wrong manager.

Why do people apologise for Bellamy's behaviour? He is a well paid arsehole who doesn't know when or how to behave. Never has and never will. If you think feigning injury cos you're in the huff with the manager is acceptable then you need you head read. Souness was an arsehole, no doubt of it. Bellamy can't be excused on that basis though. Nb: Cant abide the little hunchbacked tosser for what he is and what he did.

:dontknow:

Should have started, c***s, the lot of em

Agreed, though gotta be a kick up the arse for Pancrate or he'll be tugged off at half time again.

Pancrate isn't starting either. It's Danny G on the right.

Promising debut by the sounds of it, upped our game and got an assist.

As I said in the match thread, it'll make a nice change to actually have someone out wide right who we want to feed in instead of everything coming down the left.

Of course that is tempered by Enrique being fucked, because Jonas is half the player without him. :(

Promising debut by the sounds of it, upped our game and got an assist.

As I said in the match thread, it'll make a nice change to actually have someone out wide right who we want to feed in instead of everything coming down the left.

Of course that is tempered by Enrique being fucked injured, because Jonas is half the player without him. :( - agree with the rest  :(

Would love for Simpson and Routledge to get the sort of understanding Jonas and Enrique have. It's been said that Simpson would benifit from a proper winger in front of him rather than Guthrie, hopefully that'll turn out to be the case.

Guest toonlass

If he continues like he was when he came on tonight he will be a fans favourite. Looks like he will cause the opposition some problems, and it will be nice to see how he is once he has some training with the lads under his belt.

Good to hear he had a promising game.

A lot of wide players have a good impact in the early stages of their careers, but then defenders suss them out a bit, and they have to face the challenge of improving, when they'd thought they'd already made the grade. Some players find that difficult, and I wonder whether that happened with Routledge. Hopefully, he'll start to come good again with us.

Lennon is the prime current example of a player who started well, then lost his way, but finally got his act together.