Wayne Routledge signs 3 year deal with Swansea

clintdempsey

I would rather he just put his head down and forced the situation more, and then if he failed miserably everyone would know he wasn't good enough and then could move on.

Unfortunately, he has just completely frozen at this level. He's not even going for it when he has the chance. Just ends up getting rid of the ball too early. huge shame, because as numerous others have said, I think he would have some success if he was more aggressive/direct. Shame.

Sums him up for me. Like Guthrie has the ability to be twice the player he's shown so far but just not got the desire or hunger to make it happen.

I don't want Routledge to go.  Believe he can be an important squad player.  His pace to bring on late in a game against tired legs is useful.  

Also, I still think he may have potential to become a central midfielder and use his pace through the centre. May not work, but he does have reasonable first touch and holds on to the ball well.

Guest neesy111

The problem is that clubs before us have seen this in Routledge, hence why he's never made it as a regular player in the top flight.