Patrick Van Aanholt from Chelsea signs on one-month loan

gray

Ashley Cole rates him highly. When he first went to Coventry, Cole would regularly call him to give him help and advice.

He's very close to Chelsea's first team at the moment.

When he was at PSV he was considered in the top three emerging Dutch talents. Started off as a centre back.

sounds the business. Nice bit of work Hughton.

Guest johnson293

Starting to feel like I'm in some sort of Parallel NUFC universe, where everything is being done right, and we/Mike Ashley  are actually spending money and signing players in good time, and not scrapping around on deadline day!

Just worried I'll wake up/be back in the other place shortly though!!!

Don't get too excited with Ashley showing some common sense, he's just doing the minimum to make sure he gets a maximum return on his investment when we go up.

credit where credit is due, he is backing his manager clearly. clearly it is to make sure we go back up, whatever his reasons for doing so, im  not overally bothered as long as we get there.

Guest Roger Kint

On the down side I take it this means Enrique is going to be out for a while ?

This imo

It's not like we could have un-injured Enrique by not signing Aanhol. So either way it's a good move.

WTF?

If Enrique was only a short term injury then we probably wouldnt have got him, god knows what you mean

Guest johnson293

1 Month is a good sign Enriques not to bad.

Glad we've gotten more in for cover, Hughton seems to move quickly.

Suppose we could always extend it too, if Enrique's injury turns out to be worse than first thought? If chelsea agree?