Patrick Van Aanholt from Chelsea signs on one-month loan

gray

On the down side I take it this means Enrique is going to be out for a while ?

This imo

It's not like we could have un-injured Enrique by not signing Aanhol. So either way it's a good move.

WTF?

If Enrique was only a short term injury then we probably wouldnt have got him, god knows what you mean

We've only signed him for a month, which suggests short-term injury surely?

This imo

It's not like we could have un-injured Enrique by not signing Aanhol. So either way it's a good move.

WTF?

If Enrique was only a short term injury then we probably wouldnt have got him, god knows what you mean

It was suggested that Enrique being out was a downside of this deal, in fact it's a totally seperate issue.

Even if he was fit we would have needed another LB.

This imo

WTF?

It was suggested that Enrique being out was a downside of this deal, in fact it's a totally seperate issue.

I don't think van Aanholt would have joined had Enrique not been injured, think he'd have been happy with a choice of Enrique & Kadar on the left, R.Taylor & Simpson on the right, and Coloccini, Williamson & Hall (plus Kadar) at centre-back with Taylor injured. Think Enrique being out has just pushed us to get one extra in case anything happens to Kadar or one of the 3 remaining centre-backs.

credit to hughton. think he's been very calm. no big statements or promises - just results.

Like a throwback to Joe Harvey.

Fitz is 29 though. But fills a hole, hope he takes his chance know nothing about the other lad. But its down as a ONE month loan ?

Credit to hughton - can't believe a transfer window that hasn't been a huge and irritating disaster.

All we need now is Moses, and its not been bad at all.

Guest Roger Kint

Err no it was pointed out that arguably our best player being out was the downside which triggered this deal

Don't get too excited with Ashley showing some common sense, he's just doing the minimum to make sure he gets a maximum return on his investment when we go up.

credit where credit is due, he is backing his manager clearly. clearly it is to make sure we go back up, whatever his reasons for doing so, im  not overally bothered as long as we get there.

Amen. Besides, if he was only doing the minimum we would have only gone after loan signings , of which there are plenty good ones from the prem. MA's done well to bring in and go after some actual permanent signings for the long term.

credit to hughton. think he's been very calm. no big statements or promises - just results.

Fitz is 29 though. But fills a hole, hope he takes his chance know nothing about the other lad.

Credit to hughton - can't believe a transfer window that hasn't been a huge and irritating disaster.

Can Fiz play DMC, or was that another former Palace player im thinking of?

Fitz is 29 though. But fills a hole, hope he takes his chance know nothing about the other lad.

Credit to Hughton - can't believe a transfer window that hasn't been a huge and irritating disaster.

I gather he can play a few positions.

See what he can do

I gather we had been watching 3 QPR and lost interest in this feller.

Maybe our recent aquisition asked for his mate ?

Don't get too excited with Ashley showing some common sense, he's just doing the minimum to make sure he gets a maximum return on his investment when we go up.

credit where credit is due, he is backing his manager clearly. clearly it is to make sure we go back up, whatever his reasons for doing so, im  not overally bothered as long as we get there.

I agree, it's just some people seem to be thinking of Ashley in a slightly positive light.

I agree, it's just some people seem to be thinking of Ashley in a slightly positive light.

so what?

I gather he can play a few positions.

See what he can do

I gather we had been watching 3 QPR and lost interest in this feller.

Maybe our recent aquisition asked for his mate ?

Though not a great signing i guess he's emergency cover, but i was hoping he could play DM, if so bye bye Butty.

I think some people are just excited were getting bodies in as the football on the pitch hasn't been great and were clinging on to the top spot which could easily slip away from us. Also most of us believe if we fell to 3rd or below, we'd not have the stomach for a play-off.

Ashley is just doing what he should be doing, whether that is for selfish reasons (protect his investment) or not, it makes no real difference right now, everyone wants the club up, and no one wants to take a chance with the squad we had at the start of the window.

How many players can a club loan again? The one month loan makes sense, especially if it is to cover for Enrique's injury. Loan deals are permissible until March in the Championship. If Enrique is fit in a month and we don't need this player we will be able to use this loan 'slot' to get someone else to plug other gaps in the squad.

Once again, I leave my desk for half hour, and all sorts of crazy shit happens. What is going on, we're actually trying to create a bit of depth.  :cheesy:

I must admit, I've been very impressed with Hughton so far, he doesn't seem to be sitting back and not doing anything. He saw Enrique was injured and went and done something about it. Fair play.

Hughton - "It's a good chance to have a look at him over the next month"

Interesting; Sounds like we might have an interest in the lad long term as well. :thup:

Good news if true and he turns out to be decent.

We have a slight problem with Enrique being so good and also quite young, it will be difficult to find the right sort of backup.