Twitter

Thespence

On a personal note - I play football a lot. I'm 22 and really strongly feel my best days are way behind me. This makes me worry about these lads. Obviously I'm at a much, much, much, much lower level but the principals are the same, no?

Can you move Ferguson out of defence in that list.  It's bothering me.

edit:  i'd also say that there is still a lack of creativity in midfield (particularly with Marveux's dodgy injury history) and Williamson isn't good enough given that he will play quite a bit as Taylor is also injury prone and I firmly believe that we will not see a MYM, Colo partnership unless absolutely necessary next season under Pardew.

So Pardew is going to play Williamson over MYM? :lol:

Ferguson in midfield or defence :dontknow: I wouldn't exactly shit myself if he played the odd game at left back tbh.

edit:  i'd also say that there is still a lack of creativity in midfield (particularly with Marveux's dodgy injury history) and Williamson isn't good enough given that he will play quite a bit as Taylor is also injury prone and I firmly believe that we will not see a MYM, Colo partnership unless absolutely necessary next season under Pardew.

Completely agree but given how Pardew plays i don't think think its something that matters all that much because we don't use it.

As long as Pardew is manager all the creativity will come from forwards, which is why its important IMO we sign a forward who can create things himself and for others and a winger who isn't allergic to running at the defence with decent delivery.

On a personal note - I play football a lot. I'm 22 and really strongly feel my best days are way behind me. This makes me worry about these lads. Obviously I'm at a much, much, much, much lower level but the principals are the same, no?

No not really. Pretty sure Messi isn't thinking "Fuck, better start winding down my career, my best years are way behind me now" :lol:

If we get a rake of crocks like last term, we'll see how good the squad is. All depends on how full the treatment room is.

Best we can hope for this window is one striker and maybe a wide player. Two extra players. Squad depth to me is about seeing what the alternatives are to the problem positions. Now take away the player's we haven't got yet out of that list and then take away our key players. It all of a sudden looks extremely weak imo. It's all ifs and buts granted.

I'd love to put faith in our kids and but they need to start showing something soon if they're given the chance.

Tbf if we keep getting injuries like last year the squad will never be big enough and quite frankly if some of the top 6 had a similar injury list they would have struggled too.

But those clubs don't get injuries like that because they prepare properly, train properly and probably have better facilities ( not certain on that though)

We shouldn't have to be getting a squad that is so big to cover for that amount of injuries, instead these injuries shouldn't be taking place.

I understand that injuries are part and parcel of it all but not like that, all very avoidable IMO.

Ferguson in midfield or defence :dontknow: I wouldn't exactly s*** myself if he played the odd game at left back tbh.

In place of Taylor, yes he probably will.

Ferguson in midfield or defence :dontknow: I wouldn't exactly s*** myself if he played the odd game at left back tbh.

In place of Taylor, yes he probably will.

:lol:

At professional level you would still be considered a boy. Professionals get better with age due to strength and experience.

Obviously playing at a lower level comes down to your lifestyle. If your currently going out on the p*ss every weekend then your best days are in front of you. Or if you start going down the pub most weeknights nights to get away from the missus in a few years time then you'll never be able to hit the ability level your at now.

fwiw I'm 31,my best years were probably 24-28 but I haven't seen a massive amount of change. I'm still chucking myself in the air and doing overhead kicks and s*** which is what I was doing when I was 18  :D

My problem is I smoke,and that naturally has had the biggest impact on my fitness over time.Technical ability though hasn't really changed. It's only now in the last couple of years it's making me realise I'm getting on a bit  :D

But for a 22 year old Pro,this really is the time they need to start getting regular first team football if they're ever going to have a solid career.

Class is permanent mate, if you're good, it'll show throughout a career. At 22 you haven't even come close to your best years yet. They are ahead of you.

I'm late 30's and I still relish taking on "younger" sides. They might be quicker, but I've experience on my side, it usually evens it's self out.

In fact one of our best players is 49, honestly, pure class oozes out of him.

You haven't been through training and fitness regimes I suppose. Your athletic peak is probably in your mid 20's, but it is much easier to maintain fitness levels and have high metabolism, etc. when you are in the teens and early twenties. I am 23 and athletically I feel more explosive than ever before. Definitely I am much stronger. This is because I have been training fairly seriously for five years now.

You are still young enough to improve your fitness levels, tbh.

Newcastle made a new bid of around €5m for Jeroen Zoet. According to de Telegraaf it would be hard to reject this offer. #psv #nufc

Sounds a fair chunk to pay if Kruls not on his way out.

Krul's on his way out. :whistle:

Guest Roger Kint

Dont see a problem with it tbh. In 2/3 years Krul will be coming towards his prime, we would make a huge profit on him and have a youngish readymade replacement to come in. Rinse and repeat, guess who wins again :lol:

This new keeper isn't going to go anywhere but backwards in development playing 2 or 3 cup games for us a season for 2-3 years though, unless we buy and loan back out (unlikely).

Guest bimpy474

Class is permanent mate, if you're good, it'll show throughout a career. At 22 you haven't even come close to your best years yet. They are ahead of you.

I'm late 30's and I still relish taking on "younger" sides. They might be quicker, but I've experience on my side, it usually evens it's self out.

In fact one of our best players is 49, honestly, pure class oozes out of him.

This is correct, i got better with age. You understand and know how to play the game in your head the more you play.

Helps if you a resemblance of ability as well like :lol:

I don't get it, it's plausible that he may have forgot to change his phone settings.

The guys definitely full of shit like, don't even know why I've posted this.