This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Seriously man, I can only assume this guy has fortuitously wandered onto the end of 5 or 6 unmissable chances this season, hence his decent record this year.

A three and a half year contract seems insane, because he'll basically be a waste of a squad number if we do go up barring some sort of miracle.

Seriously man, I can only assume this guy has fortuitously wandered onto the end of 5 or 6 unmissable chances this season, hence his decent record this year.

A three and a half year contract seems insane, because he'll basically be a waste of a squad number if we do go up barring some sort of miracle.

Sounds like a massive improvement on our most used striker.

Anyone else feeling let down? :lol:

I know fuck all about Best but it doesn't sound good, was hoping for someone mysterious and/or more promising.

And it's only fucking 9am and all the excitement is done and dusted already. :(

Only hope i hold is that he turns out to be as good as the last striker we signed from Coventry

was just about to say this......I know next to nowt about him and his goal record is not great, neither was Bellamy`s. I remember the majority of fans were  less than enthusiastic about him too.....

yeah underwhelmed is the word but if he does sign then lets give him a chance. The knives are already out it seems though.

We've already got enough strikers, what we needed was someone to improve the quality. This is a totally shit signing. We probably won't be able to get rid of the cunt if we go up either.

On loan, I'd be pleased. Not a permanent deal.

3,5 year deal apparently.

Im not very happy about this signing, its not hte fact that I think he's a bad player (never seen him before) just don't expect him to be much of an improvement over Shola, Carrol and Loven and much more of a prospect than Ranger.

This will only limit Rangers minutes.

What I am more worried about - does this mean Caroll and Ranger simply do not have the confidence of Hughton - which is a shame, I thought they have talent and potential. They should be good enough for the Championship at least.

I certainly don't expect Hughton to put Best on the bench if he buys Best.

9 goals in 15 for Coventry is pretty decent considering how they're doing this year, but his record prior to this season looks poor. I've not seen him play so I'll reserve judgement until he's had a couple of games.... if he signs.

I notice Hughton is going for a lot of black power btw.

Homer: Carl do you know Drederick Tatum?

Carl: You assume that just because I'm black I know all the black guys? Actually I do know Drederick. I met him through Dr. Hibbert at a party at Bleeding Gums Murphy's house.

Why on earth do we not go for jason roberts...rumoured on his way to leeds

these signings just smack of panic buying our squad is not prepared for the prem league its going to be embarassing next seasonto the extent that id rather us not go up..than get murdered week in week out

He's more proven than Beckford for sure.

i felt dissapointed, but this is deffs true...Beckford may go on to score 20 goals in this league in the future, but its still a punt...Best will pretty much guarentee a solid job for us in this league, and assuming we havent spent too much, wont dent the budget for next year as much. May even get some good resale value due to his age...