This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

Why on earth do we not go for jason roberts...rumoured on his way to leeds

these signings just smack of panic buying our squad is not prepared for the prem league its going to be embarassing next seasonto the extent that id rather us not go up..than get murdered week in week out

Loan signings i can live with if they are better than what we have but a transfer on the other hand with a players who by all accounts are average is a recipe for disaster

I have to say the response on here is really disappointing. This is a young player who seems to be coming into his own this season as far as scoring goals goes. At the very worst from the tiny bit I have actually seen of him, he has a lot of pace and he is strong. Two things we severely lack upfront.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that the club didn't just succumb to bringin in a tacky loan signing like Daniel Cousin in instead. Best I believe was in the final year of his contract so he wouldn't have cost much, and will now have a chance in a much better team to show if he can make the next step up. If he doesn't he will still be a very affordable and useful back up striker next season, if only for the fact that he would be useful of the bench because he is quick and strong.

People say he is worse than all our strikers? Really, as far as I can see our strikers not only struggle to score consistently, but they also cause no threat through their sheer physical attributes. The only one who seems to have any potential to do either of these two things is Nile Ranger, but it seems the club prefer to bring him along slowly.

I really hope by the end of the season we can all look back at the initial reactions in this thread and laugh at how silly they were. Why anyone would ever be so harsh on a player before he's even had a chance to step onto the pitch is beyond me. Moving to a club like Newcastle might just be the making of the player. In my opinion a lot of these sorts of players who are deemed too average don't get enough chances at better club, especially considering their youth. It might just excite him enough and give him more belief in himself.

Happy that we have another young player in who is not just a lazy loan signing. Also really happy that he is a good athlete who has got strength and pace as we need this badly.

Good luck to him.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I'm suprised by all this criticism, considering our board (have you forgotten this summer already?) it's just great that we keep on bringing players in, whoever they are. And Best is not that bad anyway, although I would still rather try for Beckford.

I have to say the response on here is really disappointing. This is a young player who seems to be coming into his own this season as far as scoring goals goes. At the very worst from the tiny bit I have actually seen of him, he has a lot of pace and he is strong. Two things we severely lack upfront.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that the club didn't just succumb to bringin in a tacky loan signing like Daniel Cousin in instead. Best I believe was in the final year of his contract so he wouldn't have cost much, and will now have a chance in a much better team to show if he can make the next step up. If he doesn't he will still be a very affordable and useful back up striker next season, if only for the fact that he would be useful of the bench because he is quick and strong.

People say he is worse than all our strikers? Really, as far as I can see our strikers not only struggle to score consistently, but they also cause no threat through their sheer physical attributes. The only one who seems to have any potential to do either of these two things is Nile Ranger, but it seems the club prefer to bring him along slowly.

I really hope by the end of the season we can all look back at the initial reactions in this thread and laugh at how silly they were. Why anyone would ever be so harsh on a player before he's even had a chance to step onto the pitch is beyond me. Moving to a club like Newcastle might just be the making of the player. In my opinion a lot of these sorts of players who are deemed too average don't get enough chances at better club, especially considering their youth. It might just excite him enough and give him more belief in himself.

Happy that we have another young player in who is not just a lazy loan signing. Also really happy that he is a good athlete who has got strength and pace as we need this badly.

Good luck to him.

Aye, it's ridiculous. But the type of rubbish you expect on here these days.

Good luck to him.

Great post.

As I said I don't know anything about him, but not going to write him off before he's kicked a ball.

cant remember seeing him play that many times, so cant really comment. but checking out his wiki page, 2 goals in 31 league apps last season?  hardly a proven goal scorer. seems stupid to spend money on a player who probably wont be able to make it next year, so we'll have to go out and buy another forward in the summer, when we have plenty of young talented players already?

still, even if it does reek of panic-buy,  hope he does well and proves his worth

What makes this a panic buy by the way? We've not got our primary target, we need a striker, so we've looked at a player that's scored a decent number of goals this year.

Who, after failing to get our main targets would be considered not a panic buy? If we'd bought an over the hill striker for cheap, living off past achievements, I'd call that a panic buy, not a young player who wants to prove himself.

As I said above, I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play a couple of games.

I was under the impression that the people slagging him off are the ones who have actually seen him play.

Shak, for example.

Shak mentioned he's often offside for Ireland and said that he's worse than all of our strikers, which looking at his record seems preposterous.

I'm not saying he's better than Beckford for one second, I honestly don't know if he is or not. But he's 3 years younger and more proven than Jermaine.

It's very daft imo that the same posters writing him off completely want us to pay £3m for Beckford.

I'm not saying he's better than Beckford for one second, I honestly don't know if he is or not. But he's 3 years younger and more proven than Jermaine.

It's very daft imo that the same posters writing him off completely want us to pay £3m for Beckford.

:thup:

As you say, he's played at a higher level so there must be something about him.

I suppose Beckford just seems more exciting because he's been on the telly lately and looked pretty good (to me, anyway). :laugh:

Been playing well lately 9 in 15. Strikers don't really start to come into their own till 27-28. Looks like he can run around more than Shola or Carrroll which is a bonus I guess we shouldn't pass up.

Isn't it also quite refreshing that the club seems to know what it's doing this time around?

Moved very quickly onto other targets when they were unable to land the first ones they went for.

So early in the day and it seems this deal for Best has been all sorted out.

No more silly, cringeworthy emails with empty promises from Mike Ashley to Sky Sports. No more weird quotes from the manager about Ebondo and M'Bia.

Just an actual signing would you believe! An intriguing one at that. Let's hope he grasps his opportunity.

Isn't it also quite refreshing that the club seems to know what it's doing this time around?

Moved very quickly onto other targets when they were unable to land the first ones they went for.

So early in the day and it seems this deal for Best has been all sorted out.

No more silly, cringeworthy emails with empty promises from Mike Ashley to Sky Sports. No more weird quotes from the manager about Ebondo and M'Bia.

Just an actual signing would you believe! An intriguing one at that. Let's hope he grasps his opportunity.

Word is he's shit though.  :aww: