This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

I've seen him play twice I think, (Pompey game last month and once earlier in the season) so I can't really comment tbh, he appeared to be good though.

Genuine question: If he's inferior to 'every one of our current strikers', why does he have twice the league goals that Carroll does in a considerably lesser team?

Peter Beardsley scored 9 goals in 59 England appearance. Andy Carroll's England record is clearly better. Therefore, his clearly much better than Beardsley.

Alan Shearer scored 23 goals in 118 appearances at Southampton. Therefore, Any Carroll and Shearer are almost identically talented. [/Ronaldo]

Please think about what you say. If you know fuck all about football then that is fair enough but please stop pretending you do.

Isn't it also quite refreshing that the club seems to know what it's doing this time around?

Moved very quickly onto other targets when they were unable to land the first ones they went for.

So early in the day and it seems this deal for Best has been all sorted out.

No more silly, cringeworthy emails with empty promises from Mike Ashley to Sky Sports. No more weird quotes from the manager about Ebondo and M'Bia.

Just an actual signing would you believe! An intriguing one at that. Let's hope he grasps his opportunity.

Word is he's s*** though.  :aww:

i've never trusted the word.

Good post kaka, more pace up front is always a bonus. I doubt he would have cost much so shouldn't be too hard to get the money back if he isn't good enough to step up. Win/win imo.

Pace is always good, even if they run the wrong way its good.

I've seen him play twice I think, (Pompey game last month and once earlier in the season) so I can't really comment tbh, he appeared to be good though.

Genuine question: If he's inferior to 'every one of our current strikers', why does he have twice the league goals that Carroll does in a considerably lesser team?

Peter Beardsley scored 9 goals in 59 England appearance. Andy Carroll's England record is clearly better. Therefore, his clearly much better than Beardsley.

Alan Shearer scored 23 goals in 118 appearances at Southampton. Therefore, Any Carroll and Shearer are almost identically talented. [/Ronaldo]

Please think about what you say. If you know f*** all about football then that is fair enough but please stop pretending you do.

Carroll is no Shearer, how can there be any comparison and I know thats the point your trying to bring up but Best is a striker who has scored more than Carroll this season in an inferior team, we cant deny that.

Isn't it also quite refreshing that the club seems to know what it's doing this time around?

Moved very quickly onto other targets when they were unable to land the first ones they went for.

So early in the day and it seems this deal for Best has been all sorted out.

No more silly, cringeworthy emails with empty promises from Mike Ashley to Sky Sports. No more weird quotes from the manager about Ebondo and M'Bia.

Just an actual signing would you believe! An intriguing one at that. Let's hope he grasps his opportunity.

Word is he's s*** though.  :aww:

One man's dung is another's diamond.

We'll all cross our fingers and hope for the Best (see what I did there!).

Been playing well lately 9 in 15. Strikers don't really start to come into their own till 27-28. Looks like he can run around more than Shola or Carrroll which is a bonus I guess we shouldn't pass up.

If he is complimenting the others we have then its a bonus.

Other than Lovenkrands we tend to rely on the 'wait for it to happen rather than make it happen" routine e.g hoof the fucker and hope Ranger, Carroll or Shola get their head on it and put it somewhere in the hope one of midfielders has decided to cross the half way line.

He may well just give us a different option and at present, with the predictable nature of our forwards and the lack of creativity in midfield, that cant be a bad thing.

Guest johnson293

I have to say the response on here is really disappointing. This is a young player who seems to be coming into his own this season as far as scoring goals goes. At the very worst from the tiny bit I have actually seen of him, he has a lot of pace and he is strong. Two things we severely lack upfront.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that the club didn't just succumb to bringin in a tacky loan signing like Daniel Cousin in instead. Best I believe was in the final year of his contract so he wouldn't have cost much, and will now have a chance in a much better team to show if he can make the next step up. If he doesn't he will still be a very affordable and useful back up striker next season, if only for the fact that he would be useful of the bench because he is quick and strong.

People say he is worse than all our strikers? Really, as far as I can see our strikers not only struggle to score consistently, but they also cause no threat through their sheer physical attributes. The only one who seems to have any potential to do either of these two things is Nile Ranger, but it seems the club prefer to bring him along slowly.

I really hope by the end of the season we can all look back at the initial reactions in this thread and laugh at how silly they were. Why anyone would ever be so harsh on a player before he's even had a chance to step onto the pitch is beyond me. Moving to a club like Newcastle might just be the making of the player. In my opinion a lot of these sorts of players who are deemed too average don't get enough chances at better club, especially considering their youth. It might just excite him enough and give him more belief in himself.

Happy that we have another young player in who is not just a lazy loan signing. Also really happy that he is a good athlete who has got strength and pace as we need this badly.

Good luck to him.

Agree with all of that.

Well said.  :clap:

Please think about what you say. If you know f*** all about football then that is fair enough but please stop pretending you do.

What? I was asking a genuine question of those who've seen him play. :lol:

Carroll has 4 in the championship this season in a team sitting first, Best has twice that figure in a mid-table side.

I have to say the response on here is really disappointing. This is a young player who seems to be coming into his own this season as far as scoring goals goes. At the very worst from the tiny bit I have actually seen of him, he has a lot of pace and he is strong. Two things we severely lack upfront.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see that the club didn't just succumb to bringin in a tacky loan signing like Daniel Cousin in instead. Best I believe was in the final year of his contract so he wouldn't have cost much, and will now have a chance in a much better team to show if he can make the next step up. If he doesn't he will still be a very affordable and useful back up striker next season, if only for the fact that he would be useful of the bench because he is quick and strong.

People say he is worse than all our strikers? Really, as far as I can see our strikers not only struggle to score consistently, but they also cause no threat through their sheer physical attributes. The only one who seems to have any potential to do either of these two things is Nile Ranger, but it seems the club prefer to bring him along slowly.

I really hope by the end of the season we can all look back at the initial reactions in this thread and laugh at how silly they were. Why anyone would ever be so harsh on a player before he's even had a chance to step onto the pitch is beyond me. Moving to a club like Newcastle might just be the making of the player. In my opinion a lot of these sorts of players who are deemed too average don't get enough chances at better club, especially considering their youth. It might just excite him enough and give him more belief in himself.

Happy that we have another young player in who is not just a lazy loan signing. Also really happy that he is a good athlete who has got strength and pace as we need this badly.

Good luck to him.

Great post.

As I said I don't know anything about him, but not going to write him off before he's kicked a ball.

Seems to be in keeping with the "go for potential - low risk" strategy being employed by the club nowadays.

If they work out great, if not - well we aren't going to lose very much.

In stark contrast to the signings we used to make in the £10-15M bracket with four year contracts on millions a year which then didn't work out.

Just text my mate who's a Coventry fan asking what he's like. Said he has a good touch, physical... lazy c***!

He'll fit right in with Shola then...

aye, when shola develops a good touch.

I was referring to the lazy part more than anything....

Good luck to him.

Great post.

As I said I don't know anything about him, but not going to write him off before he's kicked a ball.

Seems to be in keeping with the "go for potential - low risk" strategy being employed by the club nowadays.

If they work out great, if not - well we aren't going to lose very much.

In stark contrast to the signings we used to make in the £10-15M bracket with four year contracts on millions a year which then didn't work out.

I agree. Decent enough signing.. we've not got our first choice striking signings so we've moved down the list to the next available option. If it works out, all the better, if not we've not lost a tonne of cash.

Don't know much about him so I'm open minded on this. Lots of players defy their previous form when they join a new club. A change of environment plus a change of team can work either way TBH. In our case it's usually been an expensive "name" player who totally under performs, so what's to lose? Also plenty on here were slagging off the Williamson signing, not because they'd seen him play but because he didn't get a game at Pompey - and he looks like being a decent bit of business. And let us not forget that  Bellamy came from Coventry and their fans thought he was shyte.

Don't know much about him so I'm open minded on this. Lots of players defy their previous form when they join a new club. A change of environment plus a change of team can work either way TBH. In our case it's usually been an expensive "name" player who totally under performs, so what's to lose? Also plenty on here were slagging off the Williamson signing, not because they'd seen him play but because he didn't get a game at Pompey - and he looks like being a decent bit of business. And let us not forget that  Bellamy came from Coventry and their fans thought he was shyte.

so did ours when he first signed.

Guest toonlass

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed someone out of the blue, several of our transfers have just seemed to come out of nowhere.

Not seen anything of this lad but may turn out to be a shrewd signing. Would prefer someone better like Matty Fryatt who gave us the run-a-round on Saturday. He was pretty immense for them and I checked out his stats after watching him. He could even be premiership quality.