Derby County Vs Newcastle United - Tues 9th Feb - 19:45 KO

JH

Tonight is a big night in regards to Hughton for me. 

Agree 100%.

If Smith walks back into this team (Butt's still out AFAIK so I'm discounting him) or if we revert to 1 winger or 1 striker, then Hughton will go right down in my estimation.

We need to be making teams fear us, going at them and looking to win. If we go to 18th placed Derby looking for a point and a clean sheet, then what the hell does he plan to do away to Man U next season (All being well with promotion ofc)?

Honestly Hughton will only go down in my estimation if he doesnt play Wayne and Jonas and Lovenkrands on top.

If Smithy walks back into the team with either Nolan or Guthrie it doesnt matter.

But what he cannot do, is put a winger on the bench or Lovenkrands.

We need to play 4-4-2 with Carrol and Lovenkrands upfront and then Wayne and Jonas on the wings.

The rest i really dont care as I believe as long as we do that we'll win by one or two goals tonight.

Then it would be a bonus to play Guthrie, but away from home it would mean we would have no defensive midfielder.

What coverage are getting on this? Any radio stuff we don't need to pay for?

Full schedule of football tonight, so it's doubtful. Unless BBC Radio wherever-Derby stream theirs online - check their Beeb site.

Smith will come in, it's guaranteed. Given that he will, I'd rather he came in for Nolan than anyone, but I've got a horrible feeling he'll drop a winger or a striker for him.

If we stay 442 Loven could well come in for Best and I've got a feeling he'll want to save Colo for the Swansea game if he isn't 100%.

CH seemingly hasn't heard the saying "never change the winning team" as he always does that! Obviously he's gonna do it 4-5-1 with Shola alone up front who's pretty much the only forward lacking match fitness at the moment! Is there a way to include our golden triangle(Butt-Smith-Nolan) into the team tonight? I think not but CH will prove us wrong again and will find a way!

Tonight is a big night in regards to Hughton for me.  He's seen us destroy a team with the system on sat, he should try a similar system tonight to see if it works away, if he doesn't I think it means he's not learning enough and he needs to learn fast if he's going to be here next season.

"never change a winning team" is stupid anyway. put out what you consider the team most capable of winning the match is what you have to do.