Derby County Vs Newcastle United - Tues 9th Feb - 19:45 KO

JH

Im no expert...but Confidence is high, all players appear to be on form.

Off the back of a good win, an easy win against a fellow promotion candidate, Derby at the wrong end of the table and hardly prolific in front of goal?

So all in all....Hughton will go "all guns blazing" with an ultra defensive 4-5-1 line up! :snod:

Maybe just maybe...if Derby go down to 9 men after 10mins. Chrissy H will wait till 5mins to go and he may stick another striker on and go 4-4-2!  :frantic:

My first away game ever, last time I was at a game was 1-5 at home to Liverpool last season so here's hoping for an improvement to that. We need to stick with the same team except for Lövenkrands in place of Best maybe. Of course Colo should start if fit..

Looking forward to this so much, really hope to see somepne else than David Edgar on the scoresheet.

Harper

Simpson    Williamson    Colo      Van Legend

Guthrie

Nolan

Routledge                                         Jonas

Carroll      Lovenkrands

0-3

Needless to say Hughton may not go with this side.

!00% agree with this.

We tore Cardiff a new one with this team and its arguably the best we've played all season  :celb: Having Routledge and Jonas down the flanks with Guthrie CM makes us much more balanced, dangerous, less predictable and creative. A force to be reckoned with in this league.

If he drops Guthrie and plays two or all of the old cloggers Smith Butt and Nolan instead i will be hopping mad  :angry: This could cost us dearly as they haven't got the legs.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Guthrie

Nolan

Carroll      Lovenkrands

0-3

!00% agree with this.

We tore Cardiff a new one with this team and its arguably the best we've played all season  :celb: Having Routledge and Jonas down the flanks with Guthrie CM makes us much more balanced, dangerous, less predictable and creative. A force to be reckoned with in this league.

If he drops Guthrie and plays two or all of the old cloggers Smith Butt and Nolan instead i will be hopping mad  :angry: This could cost us dearly as they haven't got the legs.

Neither has Guthrie tbh. Guthrie's slow and fatigues easily.

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Bogey side,  They seem to be picking up as late,  more nervous about this game than i was Cardiff.  I'll go 0-5 win :)

Harper

Guthrie

Nolan

Carroll      Lovenkrands

0-3

!00% agree with this.

It's an away game at a ground that's not the easiest to get results though as Forest found out just last week. What worked at home against Cardiff isn't necessarily going to work away, although I agree we should definitely give it a go.

Aye, it's tough to get a result at Derby - as Blackpool, Doncaster and Scunthorpe all found out ;)

It is when Sam Allardyce is your manager.

:lol: Shola looked like he was on smack that night.

I think Owen touched the ball about 5 times. The ball boys saw more action than him.

Aye, it's tough to get a result at Derby - as Blackpool, Doncaster and Scunthorpe all found out ;)

I just don't think because we thumped Cardiff at home we should take anything for granted. We aren't going to be three goals up inside 15 minutes in every game.

I just don't think because we thumped Cardiff at home we should take anything for granted. We aren't going to be three goals up inside 15 minutes in every game.

This is true and one or two are getting a bit carried away. Still think if we come out firing and go for them with 2 strikers and 2 wingers we'll create chances and win the game though. 

This is true and one or two are getting a bit carried away. Still think if we come out firing and go for them with 2 strikers and 2 wingers we'll create chances and win the game though. 

Aye, but it's more the comment about it being a difficult place to go. Many forget the Forest game was a derby match, where form and all flies out the window.

We should be able to win this comfortably if we play the right side. Noone's saying anything about being 3-0 up within 15 minutes.

Derby got a good away point yesterday and seem to be running into some form. This game will not b easy but as I said bwefore, we need Colo and Smith back to boost the defence. The rest will take care of itself if we are patient.

They beat Forest recently and I have no idea what hppened in that game but I would imagine Forest would have attacked them. I thought they defended well against us at SJP with a little luck thrown in but I dont think it is a good idea to go gung ho at them. They are more than capable of hitting us on the break which sounds like what happened against Forest.

I would like to exercise caution here and the main thing is not to concede. If we can score early, then we can close it up in the final 20 and hit them on the break for a 2nd late on.

By the sounds of it, it was pretty damn physical againast Forest so I would imagine we could expect the same so it is necessary to bring Smith back in to replace Nolan. He deserves a rest anyway. Best to the bench and Lovenkrands in. Also, we need Colo back.

So, same team as last night with Smith in for Nolan, Colo for Hall and Loven for Best........................2-0 to us

Howay man, the Forrest game was a derby game - all form and shit goes out the window.

so is this one  :pow:

Guest Roger Kint

It is when Sam Allardyce is your manager.

:lol: Shola looked like he was on smack that night.

I think Owen touched the ball about 5 times. The ball boys saw more action than him.

Horrendous trip that one, awful game/performance and got full on man flu from it. Coach almost crashing on the way home didnt help either like ;D