Derby County Vs Newcastle United - Tues 9th Feb - 19:45 KO

JH

I have nothing but good things to say about Smith this year, he might not be a world class player but as said over here he gives his all and deserves some respect for the way he has stepped up this season.

he hasn't stepped up. he's stepped in front of the centre halves and made us very easy to predict and mark, created nothing and puts in thundering tackles when other midfielders wouldn't have needed to.

Smith gets a bad press on here IMO. A limited player but he gives his all. Call me old fashioned but I still like to see players giving 100%.

i would give my all but i wouldn't pick me.

Pretty depressing that a player giving his best is actually seen as an outstanding attribute tbh.

that sentiment reminds me of paul sweeney.

Pretty happy with that lineup, expected something a lot more negative.  Would rather have seen Lovenkrands start mind, and it's strange that Ranger's not on the bench. 

What positions can Donaldson cover, I've not been paying attention.

He can play in defence , midfield and attack. He hasn't really found a position really just he can't play on the wings.

Cheers.

I have nothing but good things to say about Smith this year, he might not be a world class player but as said over here he gives his all and deserves some respect for the way he has stepped up this season.

really? i remember watching him the full game against West Brom and he never wanted the ball. Constantly pointing to their  box as if to play the long ball. Made a great start to the season, full of life. But seems to have dwindled for me.

So we have turned on Smith now? the same Smith that has been one of the best out there this season?

He's been shocking recently. I hate watching him at the minute. He never leaves the centre cricle. It infuriates me when we attack and he doesn't move!!!

Delighted with the midfield, WP Chris Hughton. I just hope we reward his team choice with a good result and performance.

Shame about Lovenkrands missing out, but if nothing else this gives us a chance to see a bit more of Leon Best, who frankly I know very little about. Sure Peter will get on for the last half hour.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Pretty pleased, good attacking line up- Hopefully we're in it to win it, so to speak, and Best gets another game.

:thup: Hughton for not going 4-5-1 on us again.