Derby County 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 09/02/10 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Just a one off unlucky game. They hit us on the break, then got the pen and have done us when we're pushing fowards. Didnt sound like that bad a performance.

Prob worth starting loven next game and carry on where we left off v Cardiff.

How do you know all that?

First defeat in what, 16 league games?

Perspective.

in those 16 games there was one decent performance.

But plenty of points. No wait... points are not important.

if you keep playing poorly, eventually you'll get caught. we've been caught. in those 16 games there were lots of draws where we couldn't have complained had we got beat.

Just a one off unlucky game. They hit us on the break, then got the pen and have done us when we're pushing fowards. Didnt sound like that bad a performance.

Prob worth starting loven next game and carry on where we left off v Cardiff.

How do you know all that?

Outer body experience

Did we have Routledge and Jonas on each wing against Leicester, Sheff Wed and Barnsley? With those two in the team in the same 4-5-1 I would have liked our chances a whole lot more against those teams. By the way how many 3 - 0 poundings did we get in those games?

Well, we did throw away wins in two, and fail against 10 men in the other TBH

Is every game you don't win having been ahead thrown away? Do you think we should be winning every game we play? It's certainly the impression you'd get from reading your posts; being disappointed is one thing but you seem outraged whenever we don't win, as if it simply isn't good enough and we should have won.

Is it so wrong to expect a team who has just beaten a so-called rival for promotion 5-1 to turn up away to the team in 18th?

Sadly, the problem we have, is that we are shit, and papered over the cracks for weeks with scraped wins - then we started turning those wins into draws...hopefully those draws won't start turning into defeats or we're fucked.

I'd expect us to put up a fight at the very least and we did in the second half until the penalty. Given that everyone seemingly 'knows' how shit we are anyway I can't believe the amount of disbelief on here when we don't win.

I think a lot of people have deluded themselves as to their expectations and somewhere inside think we should be winning every game because of who we are and the names on the teamsheet. I can't think of any other reason.

Guest icemanblue

:lol: eh?!

If we play well once in 16 games in the Premier League, how well do you think we will do ?

Why would that matter?

Guest palnese

Some of these players may need a rest on saturday so there will probs be a few changes.

Smith for Nolan please and and a not even close to fitness Barton for Guthrie

Anderson's saying what I was thinking - hopefully us getting knocked off the top will be the kick up the arse we need.  Our form's been patchy as f*** recently with too many draws creeping in.  Swansea's massive now of course.

i was quietly kind of wanting leicester to score in the last couple of minutes down there as i was hoping that would have been the kick up the arse after  that performance.

This has been coming for a while, we've played poorly in the last couple of months but we've picked up results because we've had the better personnel.  Tonight, without 3 of our 1st choice back 4 we've finally tripped up.

Need to see a very positive performance from the players against Swansea or their morale could dip badly.

Same gap to 3rd and another game down, forest appear to be losing their flow. It's not the best of evenings but from some of the posts on here you'd reckon we had been relegated again.

HTL

ps Portsmouth just made it a little better

forest losing is great news for us. if the wheels come off their season i cant see any of the other playoff lot getting close to us.

Aye forest losing again is good news, lets not forget that.

Their run of results is the only reason theres been any pressure on us and west brom. If they fall away we're sorted.

or if we fall away they are sorted.

and to think people are cheering on west brom and Forest for their coupons

at least Forest lost. They seem to be on a bit of a slide. With our game in hand we can be 7 points clear of Forest

Let's be honest all season we have been grinding out iffy wins because we had the best defence in the league.

75% of that defence is missing and has been replaced with loan signings. I haven't watched the game so I don't know the defence has cost us today but how many times have we leaked 3 goals this season? Against West Brom we had a sending off, prior to that it has never happened.

Think people need to get a grip.

Ok we've lost! But Forest and WestBrom have to play each other yet and this will hopefully motivate the players to turn in a performance in away instead of just at home.

We have a big enough squad with some coming back from injuries so quit the doom and gloom and save until we get back up.

I think we missed Smith more than people would like to admit. Defensively he's quite important at breaking up the play and his aerial strength is under-appreciated. It's not the end of the world though, at least people might realise that we aren't good enough to thrash teams at will home and away.

Aye forest losing again is good news, lets not forget that.

Their run of results is the only reason theres been any pressure on us and west brom. If they fall away we're sorted.

:thup:

2 defeats in 3 for them. So long as we dont follow along those lines the pressure's off somewhat.