Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest firetotheworks

He's started playing a fair bit now so it's staggeringly unlikely but if Fergie spends big on another CM this summer I'd be tempted to throw big money at Gibson and hope for the best. Looks like someone (from the little I've seen) who can really run a game, got a good engine, pass and shot on him. Exactly what we need.

No f***ing chance mind :lol:

Is Anderson out of favour or just injured? Perhaps worth a punt on him if they dont want him, has good pace decent engine and good passer from what ive seen.

Although to be honest even if they dont want him very much doubt he would wana come anywhere near us.

Hahaha, Anderson? Howeh man, why would he come here?

He's injured btw.

Good rule of thumb for "realistic:" look at the players Wolves etc. bought last year after coming up. That's probably where we have to align our expectations at.

Any player playing every week for a Premiership team? Probably not realistic.

Any player not within two years of retirement currently playing for the Top 4? Probably not realistic.

Any player from the continent that you've heard of? Probably not realistic.

I know this sounds a bit defeatist and all, but it's what we have to live with. Hopefully the people running our club will have the nous to wriggle out some good (if slightly lesser well known) signings regardless.

Guest firetotheworks

Good rule of thumb for "realistic:" look at the players Wolves etc. bought last year after coming up. That's probably where we have to align our expectations at.

Any player playing every week for a Premiership team? Probably not realistic.

Any player not within two years of retirement currently playing for the Top 4? Probably not realistic.

Any player from the continent that you've heard of? Probably not realistic.

I know this sounds a bit defeatist and all, but it's what we have to live with. Hopefully the people running our club will have the nous to wriggle out some good (if slightly lesser well known) signings regardless.

I'd say its this, but slightly higher due to our higher profile than Wolves/Birmingham/Burnley etc

Larsson is over 24 so there would be no tribunal fee.

Wouldn't mind seeing us make a move for Joe Ledley if he's really available for a free. Looking a very decent player before his injury.

Actually, he might be or he might not be would depend on the exact letter of the rulebook as he is 25 in June. Bit like 22 year olds being able to play for under 21s and so on.

Guest palnese

Not sure where to post this so I'll post it here.

What in the world are we going to do with Xisco? Keep him, loan him out, or sell him?

He's started playing a fair bit now so it's staggeringly unlikely but if Fergie spends big on another CM this summer I'd be tempted to throw big money at Gibson and hope for the best. Looks like someone (from the little I've seen) who can really run a game, got a good engine, pass and shot on him. Exactly what we need.

No f***ing chance mind :lol:

Is Anderson out of favour or just injured? Perhaps worth a punt on him if they dont want him, has good pace decent engine and good passer from what ive seen.

Although to be honest even if they dont want him very much doubt he would wana come anywhere near us.

Hahaha, Anderson? Howeh man, why would he come here?

He's injured btw.

He's also deeply average imo.

go for alex witsel from standard liege,should be realistic as he needs to leave belguim to play in a better league.he is not good enough for the top six yet but would play every game for us.will cost about £5 million but could be worth £15 in a couple of years

go for alex witsel from standard liege,should be realistic as he needs to leave belguim to play in a better league.he is not good enough for the top six yet but would play every game for us.will cost about £5 million but could be worth £15 in a couple of years

Could be useful in breaking some legs in next season´s derby.

Speaking of which, I'd give Anichebe a man-marking job on Nolan next season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Saw the lads on soccer Saturday talking about Jamie O'Hara to us, I'd be well chuffed with that..Loan or about 4m would suit me.

Not sure Flappy Face Harry would loan him to us, seems to have some sort of grudge against the club. He probably doesn't, but I get that impression.

Guest Heneage

It's Axel isn't it? But either way, I really don't know, Boateng would be the better option.

Speaking of which, I'd give Anichebe a man-marking job on Nolan next season.

I doubt Anichebe is just going to try and break Nolan's legs.

Other teams should be worried if anything with our lot about:  Danny 'The Fag(an) Hater' Guthrie, Andy 'The Hitman' Carroll, Joey 'The Smoking Cigar' Barton and Kevin 'Colleen' Nolan.