Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

I want us to really adress the midfield situation this summer. We have a couple of good players, but for some reason it doesnt work. We need an outlined plan on how we want our midfield to play, with one defensive midfielder, a beast if you like, and one player who comes forward, maybe a box-to box player in the Scott Parker mould. Scott Parker alongside maybe Raul Meireles (sp) with two pacey wingers would be great. I think that is what we are missing at the moment, with both Guthrie and Nolan playing with basically in the same role. They both want to attack and keep hold of the ball far to much with the defensive part of their game seemingly falls short.

(Sorry if my english isnt up to standard today, im a bit drunk and have a headache. Maybe the alcohol is why I have a headache, but for now it seems to be curing it. Atleast that is what I keep telling myself. )

Bur I'd put most of the transer money on the defence.

-An established PL centre back

-A young right back to compete with Simpson

-A young left back to compete with Enrique

Id be happier if we got an established RB for Simpson to learn from to be fair, Simpson is bench material for me. Add an established PL striker and a promising central midfielder perhaps someone like Cleverly, and Id be pleased.

I'd really like to see us sign a left footed winger that could play on the left or right of midfield. McGeady is one i'd love to see us sign. It would add so much balance to our team while giving us much more attacking options.

Guest GAMMELL

I'd really like to see us sign a left footed winger that could play on the left or right of midfield. McGeady is one i'd love to see us sign. It would add so much balance to our team while giving us much more attacking options.

Such an overrated bastard, anytime I see this jock wearing the green he is fucking abysmal. Brum wanted him in January and apparently Sellick wanted over £10M for him  :lol:

Balance? How's that?

I think we should go for Owen Hargreaves, he hasn't been getting into the Man Utd squad for a while. Used to be a good player England, don't think Capello likes him though as he hasn't been in (m)any of his squads.

reckon we could get him on the cheap? Could play right back

I think we should go for Owen Hargreaves, he hasn't been getting into the Man Utd squad for a while. Used to be a good player England, don't think Capello likes him though as he hasn't been in (m)any of his squads.

He's not been in any squads, as he has got a serious knee problem.

Only starting to train again iirc

He's been out injured for almost two seasons.

He's not been in any squads, as he has got a serious knee problem.

Only starting to train again iirc

Would be Smith 2.0 for us. Smith was out for such a long time as well than Big Sam went for him. Not that good move.

Guest icemanblue

He's been out injured for almost two seasons.

:lol:

McGeady would be a terrible signing at that money and is no better than what we have. He ALWAYS buckles in the big games. Would much rather McCarthy from Wigan.

McGeady would be a terrible signing at that money and is no better than what we have. He ALWAYS buckles in the big games. Would much rather McCarthy from Wigan.

I'd prefer Andrew Driver, played his first game back from injury for a while on Saturday and played the full 90mins in their darby and never stopped running, he scored the first and setup the second from his corner.