Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

How about Jimmy Kebe from Reading? Been on fire for Reading the last couple of months.

Definitely looks a good player.

Bertrand from Chelsea would be class, I was watching him the other day and thinking we'd have no chance. Maybe if he's out of contract they've decided he's surplus to requirements though.

We should've signed Muamba when he went to Bolton, said that at the time.

Guest Rob 1988

Journal live.co.uk

Magpies keeping tabs on Reynolds

NEWCASTLE are monitoring Motherwell centre-back Mark Reynolds, The Journal understands.

United boss Chris Hughton was at the SPL outfit’s goalless draw at St Mirren on Tuesday night, when reports claimed his watching brief was on keeper John Ruddy, on loan at Fir Park from Everton.

However, with Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Fraser Forster and Ole Soderberg, the Magpies are well-stocked in that area, and it is believed Hughton was instead running the rule over 22-year-old Reynolds.

The Scottish Under-21 international’s presence in the Motherwell side has seen it concede just two goals in 11 league games and, with manager Craig Brown acknowledging interest from elsewhere, Reynolds has already been linked with Fulham, Blackburn Rovers and PSV Eindhoven.

Now it seems Newcastle – who are also understood to be tracking Livingston midfielder Andy Halliday – have joined the list of admirers of a player under contract until May 2011 and subject of a £750,000 bid from Rangers during the summer of 2008.

Motherwell rejected that offer out of hand, but Brown accepts Reynolds’ departure now appears simply a matter of time. “I don’t know about the Dutch but I know of interest from England because I’ve spoken to one or two managers who have asked me about him,” said Brown.

“I can only give him the highest possible praise – he is outstanding. He deserves a successful career at the top level.

“To go to England, the finance is totally different and it would be a good move for him.“Not a good move for us but it would be a good move for Mark Reynolds and it would be churlish of us not to give him

that opportunity if it comes.” United have also been credited with an interest in Jamie O’Hara, the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder on loan at Portsmouth.

NEWCASTLE boss Chris Hughton spied on Well keeper John Ruddy.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2886224/St-Mirren-0-Motherwell-0.html

Why would we want another goalkeeper when we have  Harper, Krul and Forster ???

I would like to see some foreign buys, preferrably nordic, german and dutch instead of the ridiculously priced british players.

Great icelandic IFK Gothenburg centre back Ragnar Sigurdsson would be fantastic. Norwegian forward Huseklepp looks very good. Players like that. Scout for players with character. No more Bartons please...

I would like to see some foreign buys, preferrably nordic, german and dutch instead of the ridiculously priced british players.

Great icelandic IFK Gothenburg centre back Ragnar Sigurdsson would be fantastic. Norwegian forward Huseklepp looks very good. Players like that. Scout for players with character. No more Bartons please...

Not convinced by Sigurdsson really, but he might be worth a gamble. Some great young talent in Gothenburg overall. Gustav Svensson as replacement for Butt would be good. I know Villa are interested in him.

Gojko Kacar would be a great signing!

O'Hara has more movement than Guthrie but is probably a slightly worse passer from what i've seen. That's only because i think Guthrie is a brilliant passer mind.

My only concern is that we won't be able to convince his slutbag to move north.

You fucking would though.

Never heard of him. Is he good? Apparantly theres some Newcastle fan playing for Rosenborg. Surprised we've not been linked with him........

:shifty:

Never heard of him. Is he good? Apparantly theres some Newcastle fan playing for Rosenborg. Surprised we've not been linked with him........

:shifty:

Think you should start a thread about him on here...............................

Andrea Anderson, Ronny Johnson, Keidel & Pinars all proved winners  :thup:

But aye no more fuckwits like Bartons :thup:

Andreas Andersson springs to mind

Fat c*** Brolin, dahlin was s***, Stoor at FULHAM, Toni Kallio at FULHAM, Svensson at Southampton never really cut it, Alexandersson was s**** at Everton (decent at Sheff Wed), Linderoth was poor at Everton, Allback at Villa s****, Ingesson at Wed was poop....I could go on.

Two of the best value for money were Gunnar Halle (Oldham) & Roland Nilsson (Sheff Wed) good players & brilliant pros. Loved Limpar at Arsenal as well.

Andreas Andersson springs to mind

Fat c*** Brolin, dahlin was s***, Stoor at FULHAM, Toni Kallio at FULHAM, Svensson at Southampton never really cut it, Alexandersson was s**** at Everton (decent at Sheff Wed), Linderoth was poor at Everton, Allback at Villa s****, Ingesson at Wed was poop....I could go on.

Two of the best value for money were Gunnar Halle (Oldham) & Roland Nilsson (Sheff Wed) good players & brilliant pros. Loved Limpar at Arsenal as well.

Stoor isn't a bad player tbh. He's just got better players ahead of him in the pecking order, don't think he was bought to be a first team player either. Think he'll do decent enough for himself when he gets a move away from Fulham.