Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest loven Mag 11

reading The Sun before, yes very reliable source.

they reckon we are going to put a 2 million bid in for Seb Larrson at Birmingham.

thats all good, except he is a free agent, how they are allowed to publish utter s*** is beyond me.

they reckon we are going to put a 2 million bid in for Seb Larrson at Birmingham.

thats all good, except he is a free agent, how they are allowed to publish utter s*** is beyond me.

Actually we would have to pay for him if we wanted to avoid a risky tribunal.

Larsson is over 24 so there would be no tribunal fee.

Wouldn't mind seeing us make a move for Joe Ledley if he's really available for a free. Looking a very decent player before his injury.

Wouldn't mind seeing us make a move for Joe Ledley if he's really available for a free. Looking a very decent player before his injury.

i'm sure we wouldn't have to pay anything because of him coming through arsenal's youth teams etc before he signed for brum

Guest firetotheworks

Is there any reason why Larsson isn't staying on with Birmingham? They've done well this season.

i'm sure we wouldn't have to pay anything because of him coming through arsenal's youth teams etc before he signed for brum

I would've thought that to. Since Birmingham have already paid for him surely they can't demand compensation for training him up through the youths etc.

actually they are spot on for once, birmingham have taken up options in ridgewells and larrsons contracts extending them by 2 and 1 years respectivly.

http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2019352,00.html

Whilst I am talking about promising/once promising central midfielders, anyone know if Lallana from Soton would be worth a punt at the £2m being banded about the other day? Only 21 years old and seems fairly highly rated.

Also is it Jonjo Shelvey? Still only 18 but another who is highly rated.

I know shit all about these players btw, just know they are highly rated and they would fit our "policy".

Whilst I am talking about promising/once promising central midfielders, anyone know if Lallana from Soton would be worth a punt at the £2m being banded about the other day? Only 21 years old and seems fairly highly rated.

Also is it Jonjo Shelvey? Still only 18 but another who is highly rated.

I know shit all about these players btw, just know they are highly rated and they would fit our "policy".

Was out of contract on some German site i was on.

Whilst I am talking about promising/once promising central midfielders, anyone know if Lallana from Soton would be worth a punt at the £2m being banded about the other day? Only 21 years old and seems fairly highly rated. .

Would take more than that to prise him away, they don't need money. Also, he's not leaving. Decent player though, can't see how he'd fit into your setup other than as a bit-part player off the bench, for which he only needs to look at Andrew Surman (Wolves) to be reminded that it's not worth moving to the big leagues right away.

(Shelvey looks very promising, would be worthwhile and Charlton aren't exactly swimming in cash, especially if they stay in League 1)

He's started playing a fair bit now so it's staggeringly unlikely but if Fergie spends big on another CM this summer I'd be tempted to throw big money at Gibson and hope for the best. Looks like someone (from the little I've seen) who can really run a game, got a good engine, pass and shot on him. Exactly what we need.

No fucking chance mind :lol:

Posted on another forum regarding Larsson, Skelbred and MGP:

Greetings from Norway.

To be honest, i dont like either Larsson or Gamst.

Gamst is slow and very unstabil.

Larsson is very overrated.

When it comes to Skjelbred, and i watch him alot – he is not that creative. He runs alot though, but NEVER scores.

None of these Scandinavians are classy enough.

robbie keane from celtic?   COuld compliment andy carroll.  ie one tall and static ofther short and headless chicken.

Possibly would demand too high a wage.

I hate it when people suggest Robbie Keane. No, no , no ,no and no.

robbie keane from celtic?   COuld compliment andy carroll.  ie one tall and static ofther short and headless chicken.

Possibly would demand too high a wage.

I hate it when people suggest Robbie Keane. No, no , no ,no and no.

One of the best finishers out there easily.

He's started playing a fair bit now so it's staggeringly unlikely but if Fergie spends big on another CM this summer I'd be tempted to throw big money at Gibson and hope for the best. Looks like someone (from the little I've seen) who can really run a game, got a good engine, pass and shot on him. Exactly what we need.

No f***ing chance mind :lol:

Man U fans reckon that beyond his shot he's VERY limited technically. Probably got much higher standards than us though :lol:

No f***ing chance mind :lol:

Is Anderson out of favour or just injured? Perhaps worth a punt on him if they dont want him, has good pace decent engine and good passer from what ive seen.

Although to be honest even if they dont want him very much doubt he would wana come anywhere near us.