Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Yep, Quaresma is one of those players with a pretty big following, me included. He's sensationally talented and waaaaay out of our league.

He's been a failure everywhere outside of Portugal (maybe the tenth best league in Europe), he has no business rejecting a Premiership team.

Didn't say he'd reject a premiership team.

There are 9 leagues better than Portugal? Crazy talk.

England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Holland.

How about Kazim Kazim? Talented young player who knows the league. On loan at Toulouse right now which maybe means he would be available to buy.

Didn't know he was at Toulouse, hows he doing? Always thought he was pretty s*** at Sheff Utd but seems to have forged a decent career for himself since he left.

Maybe we should spunk big bucks on Arda Turan (not that he'd move)

He only came over at the end of January so I've only seen him through highlights. But generally he's slotted diretly into the starting line of one of the better teams in France and scored a decent goal against Le Mans.

Around the time he joined Porto they'd just won the Champions League.

Porto, Sporting, and Benfica are all decent teams. There's not much to say at all for the 13 or so others though. They are horrifically bad. Similar to Holland in that sense.

Fwiw, Portugal was ranked exactly at #10 by UEFA at the start of this season, below England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands and... Romania.

I'd agree with all of those except for Romania. Then again they have some decent teams that have been getting results in Europe of late.

edit: Holland is definitely worse than Portugal actually.

Guest Heneage

Porto, Sporting, and Benfica are all decent teams. There's not much to say at all for the 13 or so others though. They are horrifically bad. Similar to Holland in that sense.

Fwiw, Portugal was ranked exactly at #10 by UEFA at the start of this season, below England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Russia, Ukraine, Netherlands and... Romania.

I'd agree with all of those except for Romania. Then again they have some decent teams that have been getting results in Europe of late.

Except Holland only really has ever had Ajax and Psv, at least now Portugal has Braga making some decent movements while Holland has Twente.

Except Holland only really has ever had Ajax and Psv, at least now Portugal has Braga making some decent movements while Holland has Twente.

AZ & Feyenoord are decent outfits

Guest Heneage

They are but I'd debate if either play in the Champions League or even the Uefa cup with much regularity. PSV and Ajax certainly don't. I think a lot of people underestimate Portugal as a league.

They are but I'd debate if either play in the Champions League or even the Uefa cup with much regularity. PSV and Ajax certainly don't. I think a lot of people underestimate Portugal as a league.

I would say they are a lot better than Braga.

How about Kazim Kazim? Talented young player who knows the league. On loan at Toulouse right now which maybe means he would be available to buy.

not a bad shout. very solid player, does the basics well, but nothing particularly special. been playing in midfield at fener. might be sold in the summer too after a sex scandal, tho personally i reckon they'll take him back once the fuss has died down.

Guest Heneage

AZ and Feye? Must disagree there mate.

Especially teams like Benfica.

AZ and Feye? Must disagree there mate.

I'd toss Heerenveen in as better than Braga as well tbh.

Bigger clubs? Yes. Especially in Feyenoords case.

Better teams? No.

Especially teams like Benfica.

:pow:

Guest bobthemag

De Las Cuevas would be the first on my shopping list.

lets hope he is within our transfer budget of 2-3m quid because we don't want to end up like Portsmouth

Realistic Transfer Targets July 2010:

I'm throwing a few names out there: Alessandro Diamanti, Hugo Rodallega, Paul Scharner, Chris Samba, Curtis Davies, Matty Taylor, Andre Bikey, Landon Donovan, Nedum Onuoha, Jamie O Hara, Charlie Adam, Robbie Keane, Nenad Milijas, Joe Ledley, Jermaine Pennant, Matt Derbyshire, Seydou Doumbia

....its Sunday and I'm  bored!

diamanti - rodallega - scharner - Donovan would be nice.

Belhadj from pompey also a okey leftsided player.